Advertisements
Advertisements
My mom was born at this hospital in 1927. She searched her whole life looking for her biological mother with no luck. The nuns were very reluctant to give her any kind of information. One nun however gave her some tidbits of information she said was on some notes that happened to be saved. She gave her the name of her bmother but gave her the wrong last name. She also gave her the names of her bmother's one sister and a couple of brothers, their age at the time of my moms birth. She also gave her her bmother's mothers name. My mom died in 1988 without ever having found her bmother. I took up the search this past February and with the help of a genealogist she was able to come up with a different last name. In the end all the information my mom was able to gather fell into place and I believe I have found my mom's half sister and the rest of her family. Truly amazing. The sad part is her bmom died in December 1989, my mom would have had 21 months with her bmother had she found her. My mom's name at birth was either Nadia or Faith Pawk/Pawuk. She was told Paverk. She was put into two foster homes by Catholic Social Services before she turned 6. At that age she was placed with the family who eventually adopted her. I would love to find these two homes she was in. If anyone has any information please reply.