Advertisements
Advertisements
I was born in Americus in 1947 and adopted in Atlanta.
This is all I know. Looking for anyone.
lj57
FIRST THING FOR YOU TO DO IS CALL DHS OR SOCIAL SERVICES OR WELFARE, I AM NOT SURE WHAT IT IS CALLED IN GORGIA BUT THEY CAN TELL YOU WHAT YOU MUST DO TO FIND YOUR INFORMATION. CALL THE ONE IN THE COUNTY IN WHICH YOU WERE ADOPTED. IT BEING SO LONG THEY MAY GIVE YOU YOUR ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE. GOOD LUCK TO YOU
Advertisements
lj57
Hello, linda my name is sue and I live in americus, ga. Do you have your vital records (adoption) certificate? If you do, all you have to do is go to the health dept in americus on Rucker street or call them and get a fax number and you can fax it over. there should be able to assist you in finding your (birth) certificate. if you have any more questions you can contact me directly at jjnumber12002@yahoo.com. I check that email more than I log onto here.
I just joined in 2014 and saw your posting from years before. I was born in New Orleans, adopted, and lived in Americus until I graduated from high school then off to UGA! What a small world. I am also looking to uncover my history.