Advertisements
Advertisements
Not all emotional issues can be seen. As a adoptive parent in MO, I was asked not to work in order to adopt the children I took in and their subsidy was paid for that reason. These cuts will affect the care my children receive. These cuts will hurt the children and families in MO. In the long run, it will cost the system more. More kids will likely end up housed in group homes as their parents cannot meet there needs. Many of these children have so much emotional turmoil that they require a stay home parent. Cuts in subsidy will reduce the number of families able to do that.
The kids will receive less of the early interventions they needs and more will end up in the juvinile justice system again costing tax payers more money.
A child in a facility might cost the state as much as $300 to $400 a day where as that same child's adoptive family gets $360-$650 a month to care for the child. If the child needs 24/7 care emotionally or physically, which will cost the state more?
It's unethical to balance the state budget at the expense of children that have already suffered so much abuse and neglect. I think the Govenor can do better then that.
I urge all Mo voters to contact their senators and sign petitions to stop letting the government use children to solve their finacial problems.
Lucy