Advertisements
Advertisements
So I don't know exactly how to start. I am now a mother of 2additional beautiful girls. I had my first daughter at 15, I was raped by my father. I reported it to the police hoping to get help to leave my situation. That was 6years ago. I am now 23 years old. The government failed me. I was told my daughter was delayed and it was my fault, I was said to be an unsuitable parent based on a 500 question quiz that only allowed me to answer yes or no. I did everything for her and myself no one helped her first two years was all me. I worked two jobs and made honour roll in school. I wanted to be better.
We both went into foster care together, upon which I wasn't given a lawyer and I signed my rights away without even knowing. I had no family and no friends to talk to. My social worker, my daughters social worker, and my foster parents all told me it would be best to give her up because I wouldn't win anyways in court. I said I would providing its open adoption and my foster parents would adopt her. And everyone agreed.
The day of the adoption a cared before and after the hearing. I subsided my feelings I didn't want to deal with them. I thought of her often pretty much everyday but I never dealt with the fact that I had lost her except for now.
My 4yr old constantly asks for her older sister it was my mistake letting her know she has one. Her adoptive parents did not keep their promise to me. I have seen my daughter maybe 8 times within the past 5 years.
I just don't know how to handle it anymore I miss her so much I need her back. I don't know how to deal with it. Especially when my four yr old asks for her sister.
I would like to know how others are dealing post adoption. Am really having a hard time. I don't know what to tell myself. I feel like I made the biggest mistake of my life and I don't know how to correct it. I don't know what to tell my 4yr old and if I should even tell me newborn.
Help please!!
My heart breaks for you. My situation is way different than yours...but my pain is also deep! I am praying for you, lean on God! Just know that it is not your fault....do not carry guilt or blame yourself! God has a plan for you!
Trubeauti
So I don't know exactly how to start. I am now a mother of 2additional beautiful girls. I had my first daughter at 15, I was raped by my father. I reported it to the police hoping to get help to leave my situation. That was 6years ago. I am now 23 years old. The government failed me. I was told my daughter was delayed and it was my fault, I was said to be an unsuitable parent based on a 500 question quiz that only allowed me to answer yes or no. I did everything for her and myself no one helped her first two years was all me. I worked two jobs and made honour roll in school. I wanted to be better.
We both went into foster care together, upon which I wasn't given a lawyer and I signed my rights away without even knowing. I had no family and no friends to talk to. My social worker, my daughters social worker, and my foster parents all told me it would be best to give her up because I wouldn't win anyways in court. I said I would providing its open adoption and my foster parents would adopt her. And everyone agreed.
The day of the adoption a cared before and after the hearing. I subsided my feelings I didn't want to deal with them. I thought of her often pretty much everyday but I never dealt with the fact that I had lost her except for now.
My 4yr old constantly asks for her older sister it was my mistake letting her know she has one. Her adoptive parents did not keep their promise to me. I have seen my daughter maybe 8 times within the past 5 years.
I just don't know how to handle it anymore I miss her so much I need her back. I don't know how to deal with it. Especially when my four yr old asks for her sister.
I would like to know how others are dealing post adoption. Am really having a hard time. I don't know what to tell myself. I feel like I made the biggest mistake of my life and I don't know how to correct it. I don't know what to tell my 4yr old and if I should even tell me newborn.
Help please!!
Advertisements