Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By rm
has anyone adopted a child between 3-5 yrs old ? most of the posts i have read have been for infants..we already have a 10 year old bio daughter and would like to expand our family ...does anyone know if the adoption costs are similar to an infant
Originally Posted By Colleen
Sadly, there is no reduction in the fees of older children in Guatemala. You still have to pay the lawyer's fees, which is about $15,000 - $16,000, out of a total agency amount of about $18,000 - $19,500. This is why the older children in Guatemala get overlooked, because families would rather adopt an infant for that fee, rather then paying that amount for an older child.
Advertisements
Originally Posted By TO COLLEEN FROM RM
THANKS FOR THE INFO , WE ARE TRYING TO FIGURE THE COSTS AS WELL AS THE RIGHT CHILD , BOY OR GIRL AND AGE THAT ARE RIGHT FOR US. I WAS LOOKING AT THE IAR WEBSITE AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS AN IDEA OF HOW SOON THE ADOPTION FEES MUST BE PAID OFF ONCE YOU ARE ACCEPTED TO ADOPT
Originally Posted By Colleen
Usually, at least half of the agency fees are due,with the submission of your documents. The agency needs to give the money to the lawyer they work with at least half of his or her fees, so they can begin working on your adoption case in Guatemala. This makes sense, because no one here or in Guatemala will do legal work on your behalf without getting paid for their services.I wish the fees were a little less, or at least reduced for older children or siblings.
Originally Posted By To RM from April Viola of Karing Angels
Contact me at KaringAngelsIntl@aol.com regarding fees for an older child.
Originally Posted By Adoption Partners
Although most of the fees are the same for a child of any age, several of the attorneys that we work with do offer a reduction in their fee for a child over 3 years old. Adoption Partners also reduces our fee substantially to assist those families adopting an older child. Feel free to contact us regarding some wonderful healthy children that are waiting for a loving home!
Joanne
Advertisements