Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
hi,
homestudies are things that strike fear in the heart of paparents when they hear about them but for the most part they are harmless. it's just a chance for the sw to get to know you better and to present a few things for you to think about. They check out your home and tell to to do things, like cover vents and add a pool gate. they also talk to you and your partner, just to see the dynamic in the relationship. they talked to us individually then as a group.
we cleaned our house til you could dine on the floor-completely unnecessary. made dh install carbon monoxide detectors, fire alarms and fire extinguishers in every room, etc.-unnecessary, though I'm sure appreciated. we even bought an escape ladder for dd's room since it's upstairs. our social worker didn't really care(poor dh). The best thing about the sw visits was that dh had to leave work early-and he never does that for me :rolleyes: . I kept telling her she should come every month for the rest of our lives.
fees were $1750 i think.
we tried to offer our sw some beverages or food, but she wouldn't accept anything but water.
one thing, tell the sw the truth, even if it's ugly. honesty is always the best policy here.
take care and good luck,
Lisa