Advertisements
Advertisements
I am a female adoptee, born 10/07/63 in Charleston, SC, adopted through Orange County Social Services, NC in Dec. '63. My ** and her family are from Greensboro, NC. She was in the US Army, stationed at Charleston, SC, at the time of my birth. I believe my birth name was to be Lisa Marie Bishop. Her father owned a grocery store in Greensboro, in an area know as the "Bishop Block", at the time of my birth. She was 19 yrs. old when I was born. Is there any more information that you could find out for me? I have gone as far as calling (and emailing) some of the Bishops, listed in the Greensboro phonebook! I would really like to meet her, and to find out updated medical information that I can put in my medical records, as well as in my two daughters' medical records. Thank you so much for any and all help! :)
Advertisements
Hi Patricia!
Thanks again for your help. I tried to call the number you gave me, but unfortunately it was disconnected. I am always open for any and all suggestions to help in my search for my birthmom!!
Location Suggestion
Mitchell & Anthony Grocery Store in Bishop block.???
The Bishop Block has been completely torn down. Sidney Anthony owned the grocery store. the contact’s mother worked there until it closed. No Bisnop was connected. The iece ream shop was owned by a mr. Dick. There was a drug store - (Elm Street Drug) and a barber shop. A contact’s grandfather was James (Jim) Henry Byrd. - Bishop Block Barber Shop and the Bus Station Barber Shop. He later sold the shops to Mr. Joyce who was a barber there.
Last update on May 5, 12:03 am by Sherry Bundy Royal.