Advertisements
Advertisements
Our 15 yo, whom we are adopting, would like to go to a movie with her boyfriend and another girl. 15 yo doesn't always make the best choices. She lies. She manipulates. We are not crazy about the fact that she has a boyfriend, but we are also aware that if we try to shut it down, she'll probably be pregnant in a month. (no, we do not believe they are sleeping together because we have eyes on her at all times, except when she's in school).
Her girl friend is sneaky and I just get a bad vibe off of her. She is rude....and she is also moving out of state in a few weeks (thank God!).
So, do we let her go to the movie? Boyfriend seems okay, but how do we know?
We are so torn. Do we give her the rope and let her hang herself? Do we go to the movie with them and sit 5 rows back?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! :confused:
I like going to the movie with them. Trust must be earned at my house and if you have not earned trust, you don't get to go places without parents.
Advertisements
steppinheavnward
Our 15 yo, whom we are adopting, would like to go to a movie with her boyfriend and another girl. 15 yo doesn't always make the best choices. She lies. She manipulates. We are not crazy about the fact that she has a boyfriend, but we are also aware that if we try to shut it down, she'll probably be pregnant in a month. (no, we do not believe they are sleeping together because we have eyes on her at all times, except when she's in school).
Her girl friend is sneaky and I just get a bad vibe off of her. She is rude....and she is also moving out of state in a few weeks (thank God!).
So, do we let her go to the movie? Boyfriend seems okay, but how do we know?
We are so torn. Do we give her the rope and let her hang herself? Do we go to the movie with them and sit 5 rows back?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! :confused:
I would go with the them or have them double date. Personally I would be concerned about her lying and her attachment to you. Also I would look into birth control, since see may have issues and many teen fosters will seek out sex. To fix attachment problems.
I spoke with the boys mother and she agreed that they should NOT go alone. So, either they take other friends (which I'm still not trusting - kids cover for each other) or an adult is going.
Birth control is on my radar. Believe me!