Advertisements
Advertisements
~*Important Posting Information*~
Its wise to be aware that several types of scams are on ALL adoption message boards on the internet:
Many people have been scammed by someone pretending to be the relinquished child or birthmother. Click on this link for more information:
[url="http://forums.adoption.com/t98290,15,1.html"]http://forums.adoption.com/t98290,15,1.html[/url]
These scammers change their user names and email addresses frequently so be aware of any suspicious contact.
Scammers will also contact you pretending to be a FREE search angel when they are not. Or they will say "contact ....who did my search". Generally they are recommending themselves as a "fee for service" searcher.
It is not wise to post your non-identifying information on a public message board. If you are contacted by someone who might be your birth relative you will want to ask questions that relate to the information in your non-identifying report.
For ease in others reading these many messages it would help to post as a ғnew thread and to include the following information in the subject line PLUS in the content of the message:
gender of adopted person
date of birth
city of birth
state of birth
For example: male 01/01/1960 Chicago Illinois
Other people reading the message board will be more likely to identify with this basic information and will be more likely to read your complete message and contact you if there is a match.
Also post in the message boards for the year of birth and state of birth for the best exposure for your search information.
~*Posting Email Addy's*~
Please be advised that the POSTING of YOUR email addy is NOT PERMITTED ON THE BOARDS. IF you need to exchange email addys with another individual, please do so through a Private Message. IF you post your email addy the post will be brought to the administrations attention,and the email addy WILL BE REMOVED.
This is for YOUR OWN SAFETY.
~*Requesting Your Non-Id*~
IF YOU DO NOT have YOUR Non-Id...you need to request it before starting your search. IF you need the request form ask Mackie or myself and we will see that you get it.
*Adoptees whose adoptions were finalized PRIOR to 1/1/1964 CAN have access to their original birth certificates . Contact the Bureau of Vital Statistics. You can also print/fill out an Affidavit Of Adopted Person. Where to send it and how much to send is on the bottom of the form. If you need this form please contact myself or Mackie and we will gladly email it to you. You also will make your search easier IF you obtain your Non-ID Info.
Also the following years are either missing or only partial listings on the Ohio Birth Index. As Mackie has stated previously these years are best searched manually in Columbus. We can NOT search that wich is NOT there.These years would be...
1969...Missing
1971...10% Listed
1972...Missing
1973...CAN be searched but most are Missing
1974...10% Listed
1975...10% Listed
IF the ADOPTEE was born during these yrs we will need an EXACT DOB for them before we can search the Amended Birth Index for them.
IF you or the person you are searching for were NOT born in OHIO...there will be NO listing for you/them on the OHIO birth index. You will need to do your searching in the state/country you/they were BORN in. Even IF you/they were born in another state/country and your/their adoption was handled by OHIO courts...you still will NOT be listed on the OHIO birth index. Supplemental or Original.
~*Please Stay In Touch*~
I wanted to post this simply because it is becoming a regular happening on here.
IF you post and ask a search angel to assist you and you are being assisted by a search angel...PLEASE STAY IN CONTACT WITH THAT SEARCHER.
There are people on here who have posted and have been contacted by myself and I am sure the other search angels that HAVE completed their searches..BUT even with an email and PM sent..haven't heard back from the Origional Poster.
Search Angels have alot of people to assist and we do NOT have time to sit on info.
So IF YOU POST and a Search Angel assists YOU...PLEASE STAY IN CONTACT WITH US either via email or PM.
ALSO....IF you are being assisted by a search angel...Please DO NOT post asking for help from another search angel.
Not only is this frustrating to the search angel but can become confusing to the person searching.
PLEASE DO NOT EXPECT the search angels to make first contact for you. ALL information given to YOU by the search angel is YOUR responsibility to verify.
Thank you for your understanding....and good luck with your searches.:)
~*Angelwings*~
Advertisements
I am trying to help my DIL find info on her biological grandparents (her father is an adoptee). I have some pretty good info, including his name at birth, hospital, city/county, weight and possible SS#. His year of birth is 1951. Am I understanding correctly that we may be able to obtain the original BC?
Also, is my DIL able to research this info or does it have to be her father?
Thanks!
~Deb
Deb,
Yes in OHIO If the adoptee was BORN and their adoption was FINALIZED prior to Jan 1st,1964 they have FULL ACCESS to their records.send me a PM and I will send you the form for him to fill out.:)
Well, I have been trying to help my DIL since April (time of last post).
We have hit a snag. Her father (the adoptee) will not help her, nor even discuss the adoption with her.
Problem is that he has a serious, unexplained illness and the doctors have no clue what it is, however, it is life threatening. She was hoping to get a medical history that might shed a little light on her dad's issues.
Without him signing the form for the BC release, is there any other way for her to go on with the search?
We are at a loss...in spite of all the information that she does have.
~Deb
Advertisements
I was born on July 11, 1969 with this date would the birth index be of any use ? Or only if this was my actual true birth date? I say this because I have heard that some changed the DOB's to throw off the adoptees should they ever search. Also my mother was of polish descent according to my non id info so Im wondering if there would be any names on that birth index for that day that would possibly, jsut maybe be of some help to me.
Looking for my birthdaughter born at the Critteron Home in April on 27th or 28th in Youngstown Ohio. I was going by Anne (Real name) but at the home they made you go by Critteron as your last name. My real name is Anne Mastrione. I do not have any names to what her name is at all. I want to find her desparately and if there is a search angel that can help me please contact me. I will accept any help at all as I want to be reunited with my daughter very much! Please help!!
Advertisements
Anne,
I got your email..........I need you to send me your maiden name. DO NOT post it here tho.
Blessings
Mackie
Missingmygirl
Looking for my birthdaughter born at the Critteron Home in April on 27th or 28th in Youngstown Ohio. I was going by Anne (Real name) but at the home they made you go by Critteron as your last name. My real name is Anne Mastrione. I do not have any names to what her name is at all. I want to find her desparately and if there is a search angel that can help me please contact me. I will accept any help at all as I want to be reunited with my daughter very much! Please help!!
MD search angel and reunited adoptee seeking assistance for cousin who relinquished son, John Mathew Skidmore, DOB 3/28/1970; Ohio University Hospital; Florence Crittendon placement;Presbyterian Adoption Agency initiated adoption; family pre-selected. Birthson sent with letter to agency and baby blanket. Please advise, assist, and refer to any you are confident can assist. Additional info on Birth Father. Please contact email or thread. I am new to your system so just getting comfortable with it. Thanks, and blessings to all, RJB
I would like to receive the request form for the Non-ID information. I was born in Marietta, OH, Dec. 3, 1973 and adopted through an agency in Columbus, OH. Thank you!:flower:
Angelwings2002....How can you help Im looking for a Birth Mother By the last name Green she gave birth to a beautiful lil 9-8-1982 Rachel Marie Green (birth name) mother Green turn over Rachel to adoption 3months after her birth Rachel was born St. Elizabeth Hospital in Youngstown,Ohio also Mother Green was 5' 5" reddish hair back in 1982 she was 32 when she gave birth plz help..... plz forward info...albertocastro43@yahoo.com and or 267-242-7363 My nmae is Alberto trying to help Rachel Thank you
Advertisements
Any chance anyone can help me in Ohio? I was born in Columbus, Ohio on 7/30/81. I really don't know where to turn my parents have kind of stonewalled me on this issue. I have looked off and on for 13 years I know my mother was young but other then that I am pretty much in the dark. I think I was born at OSU medical center or maybe Riverside Hospital. I just had my first child and I really want a medical history so I can make informed decisions for him. My email is commwagg24@yahoo.com if anyone can help that would be great.
I'm in need of help. I'm trying to find my mother's 1/2 sister.Gladys Cecilia Barciz was born in Elyria, OH on 02-06-51. This ess information that my grandmother gave me a few years ago now. I tried searching once before but I came across some major hard times and couldn't continue search like I wanted. I don't know what to do to find her.