Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm sure a lot of you have similar tax situations, so I'm asking...
Is the additional child tax credit supposed to be limited to the amount withheld for social security & medicare this year? It wasn't in the past but that is what it seems to come out to on the forms. I turned it in with that limit but the IRS adjusted my numbers and set it to the full amount left over from the child tax credit, but I can't figure out why.
And, does anyone have any experience on how legal troubles affect the dependents claimed? The IRS also removed one of our dependents but I don't know who or why. Maybe it was the one who is in the custody of the state department of juvenile corrections, but still think we should get him because the time he was with us plus temporary stay in the county juvenile corrections is more than half the year.
Thoughts?
If they are involved in Corrections??
The Subsidy automatically gets taken back or denied.
You would have needed to reapply, for Subsidy??
You just can't automatically claim it.
I do not fully understand your first question also please??
Advertisements
Sorry, talking about US federal taxes, not subsidy. The subsidy forum just seemed like the best place for the question since it is a money issue. I'm just wondering if others are seeing that the additional child tax credit is limited to the amount withheld for social security, etc. this year or if they are getting the full amount of the child tax credit minus the total tax liability, as it has been in the past. Maybe nobody else is doing their own taxes.
How old is the child that was removed? The credit is for children 16 & under. Time in juvy doesn't count as time away from home. I received the full amount. Did someone else claim a child or did the child file their own tax return?