Advertisements
Advertisements
I'll likely be traveling w/o my DH to bring home our son. I'm in need of a sample POA giving one parent the authority to complete the adoption. If anybody who has traveled recently for pickup has a sample I'd be forever grateful!
Hi, Annee,
When I went alone in April, I got a new POA. It was a General Power of Attorney. Nothing special about it. Of course, a copy of one is no good, so I didn't make a copy of it, and they have to keep the original, they told me anyway. So, I don't have a copy of it. I do have the POA as an adobe pdf file that my attorney sent me to use at the beginning of our adoption. I could email that to you if you'd like. I wish I'd made a copy of the poa like I copy everything but figured it wouldn't be any good anyway as a copy.. sorry. If you'd like me to email you the other one, I'd be happy to. Just pm me and let me know your email.. I might already have it.. I'm going to check.
I'm excited for you and hope everything goes very smoothly on your pick up!
take care,
Judy
Advertisements
Annee,
Please forgive my temporary loss of sanity.... I do have that file, however, it is in spanish, so I don't suppose you could even get an idea of what it said if you're trying to do it yourself. I just went and looked and when I opened it up and saw it in spanish, it all came back to me.. I'm going to doublecheck everything and make absolutely sure I didn't copy that General POA I took. I'm 99% sure I didn't.. I'll be looking tho. I'm sure someone here has a sample... sorry about that. I'm not getting a lot of sleep and there's many things going on and I know my mental processes are almost at a standstill right now.
Good luck,
Judy
Advertisements
It sounds like you have what you need, but I have one as well. PM me if you need it.
Ditto. I have one (translated in english and spanish) but I would have to fax it to you because it is not in PDF form yet as I am waiting on that from my agency. PM me if you want it. I have a meeting but should be back by 10am EST or so.
If anyone can help me out with the General POA form in English,
gratefully appreciated, please PM me.
If anyone can help me out with the General POA form in English,
gratefully appreciated, please PM me.
Advertisements