Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello!
I'm new to the group and am just wondering, has anyone adopted lately or is in the process of adopting from Hungary? We've started exploring Russia and Ukraine, but they don't seem to be very stable at this moment. Please PM-me if you have any positive or negative experiences. The Hungarian program is open but it's hard to find any feedback on it.
Thanks a lot!
Kim
Amy,
First off, I wish you a speedy process and best of luck! Please keep us updated on the timeline of your referrals, how they went, your trip to Hungary, etc.
Thanks,
Kim
Advertisements
I would be very, very wary of adopting from Hungary. Although somewhat fictionalized, you should see the LIfetime movie, Baby for Sale about an Hungarian adoption gone wrong. And this story was only the tip of the iceberg.
I saw the film, but it has nothing to do with international adoptions through the Hungarian government. There is absolutely no connection between the act of a criminal and the Hungarian adoption system.
The film is about a Hungarian-born adoption lawyer in New York who brought very poor Hungarian pregnant women into America and tried to sell their babies to wealthy American couples. Its a very sad story, but had nothing to do with Hungary itself, there are criminals in every country. The lawyer was convicted in New York court for human trafiking and was sent to prison. As IҒm considering different Eastern Euroepan countries, Hungary seems to be a very stable country as far as international adoptions are concerned. I have never heard any acts of bribery or serious misconduct. If anybody has had a bad experience, here is the place to post it.
Kim
Hi Kim...I am here "exploring" other options than Russia...we have our precious daughter home finally, but I would not recommend going there if you have other options. It was a long 2 yr process...and a very hard journey. Of course we have our dear little Hannah so we are very happy, but won't go back there for another.
If you want to hear our story..here is our blog..
[url]www.lovefromrussia.blogspot.com[/url]
Kim,
Hello from the Poland board. Have you considered Poland? It is a stable program and whatever anyone tells you about how difficult it is, most people adopt within 1-1.5 yrs. Orphanages and care are superior to other CEE countries and the alcoholism issue is not as severe as in Russia or Ukraine. However, children who are over 2 yrs old are easier to adopt, so if you are hoping to adopt an infant that might not be the best option. Good luck!
kim362
As Im considering different Eastern Euroepan countries, Hungary seems to be a very stable country as far as international adoptions are concerned. I have never heard any acts of bribery or serious misconduct. If anybody has had a bad experience, here is the place to post it.
Kim
Advertisements
Hi, I'm not an Adopter or and Adoptee from Hungary but I did grow up there and can possibly add a couple of thoughts about adopting from Hungary and Europe in general.
If you're looking for stability in both the country and the adoption program Hungary or Poland are your best bets. The Hungarian program is stable, but doesn't send too many kids out compared to a lot of other countries. I've had friends who had a lot of red tape to get through to adopt, but all of those I'm really familar with adopted while in country and the international system seems to be quicker.
I hope you find more people to help you out.
kim362
Hello!
I'm new to the group and am just wondering, has anyone adopted lately or is in the process of adopting from Hungary? We've started exploring Russia and Ukraine, but they don't seem to be very stable at this moment. Please PM-me if you have any positive or negative experiences. The Hungarian program is open but it's hard to find any feedback on it.
Thanks a lot!
Kim
I'd love to find out what the current status is. Janelee
Hi,
There is not much activity on this board. Try this yahoo board: PM member for link to private Yahoo Group.
I am currently in the process of adopting from Hungary, as we've just sent in our dossier. It's a slow program, but seems to be stable compared to other Eastern European countries. It's hard to gather info on it given it's such a small program.
Good luck and feel free to email me any questions,
MW
Yes, we have adopted six children from Hungary over the years.... I wrote a book about the process called "Hungarian Rhapsody: An Adoption Story." You can see more at amazon. As for our facilitator, I think you have to PM me. But it was a great experience.
Jim
Advertisements
Jim -
Through a very round about way, we got a copy of your book from your cousin (I think), Fr. Noel in WI. We are currently writing a series of articles for our local Polish-American Heritage society about our adoptions from Poland. He saw our articles and thought we would enjoy your book. We loved it! It is amazing how parallel our stories were........right done to the packing peanut snacks that our children all seem to like :D Whenever we are in Milwaukee we have to stop at the local Polish deli and pick up a package of them. Yuk!
Thanks for sharing your story, it was wonderfully written!
Heather
derk
Yes, we have adopted six children from Hungary over the years.... I wrote a book about the process called "Hungarian Rhapsody: An Adoption Story." You can see more at amazon. As for our facilitator, I think you have to PM me. But it was a great experience.
Jim
:D
Wow Heather... what a small world it is, indeed.
Our adoption experience from Hungary was excellent (though I should perhaps have considered Poland given my real surname is Derdzinski -- changed at Ellis Island way back.)
Thanks for making contact.
Jim
Hi,
I'm new to the group and the adoption journey. Having trouble finding current information on Hungarian experiences . Would like opinions of agencies used. Considering AboutAChild and MainStreet. Please PM.
Thanks so much!
Jennifer
kim362
Hello!
Thanks a lot!
Kim
Did you ever end up adopting from Hungary. We are in the process (or trying) to adopt from Hungary. Do you have any feedback?
Advertisements
Hi there,
May I ask are you an American or Canadian? If you are from Canada, then may I ask which agency you used?
Thank you,
Anita
mgwurster
Hi,
There is not much activity on this board. Try this yahoo board: PM member for link to private Yahoo Group.
I am currently in the process of adopting from Hungary, as we've just sent in our dossier. It's a slow program, but seems to be stable compared to other Eastern European countries. It's hard to gather info on it given it's such a small program.
Good luck and feel free to email me any questions,
MW
Ajandek,
That post was from 2006 (very easy to miss) - I don't think that poster comes to the board anymore.
Kind regards,
Dickons