Advertisements
Advertisements
Fenris, I was in a mental hospital for children/teens.
I was there because my mom said I attacked her. Truth was that she tried to strangle me, I grabbed her wrists and held her against the wall till I thought she wasnt going to come after me anymore. Basically it was the first time I stood up to my mom and she got scared that she couldnt physically control me anymore. Police came, I was taken from the house. My little sis was left with my mom.
However, even though I was being sent there for all the wrong reasons, I was not treated poorly and I never saw anyone being treated poorly by the staff. I never heard of anyone being treated poorly by the staff either.
Also, thought the police were called, there is nothing in my record stating that I tried to kill or attack my mom. (maybe they felt she was lying) and though my mom said I attacked her, I never went to court for this. Just because there is no record of someone attempting a crime doesnt mean it wasnt attempted. Typically the victim (like lucyjoy) can decide to not press charges and to go with another option (like a treatment center).
Sorry your experience in a place like that was so terrible.