Advertisements
Advertisements
I would like to take this time to let all of you know there is an organization in North Carolina which is working on a bill to go before the legislature in 2007. The NC Coalition for Adoption Reform (NCCAR)
If you really believe it is your right to have a copy of your original birth certificate then please join us.
If you are a birth parent and believe it is your child's right to have a copy of their original birth certificate then please join us.
If you are an adoptive parent and hold this belief then join us.
If you are a descendant of a deceased adoptee, join us.
Our bill is working towards access to the original birth certificate for any adult adoptee, the adoptive parent of a minor adoptee, or the descendant of a deceased adoptee who may want it.
Our bill will contain a Contact Preference Form where a birth parent can state one of the following:
I want contact
I want contact only with an intermediary
I do not want contact at this time (updated medical information has to be provided)
We need people for this fight. Visit our website at [url]http://adoptionreform-nc.org[/url]
2007 is not that far away. We want to hold information meetings around the state also before then. If you know of a group of people, or would like to put up flyers in your area to get people interested in a meeting, please contact me.
Join us if you would really like to see this change happen. We have the momentum of 7 other states and others who are trying this year and next year to gain access to OBC's, behind us. This can happen in NC with your help.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Roberta MacDonald
Chairwoman