Advertisements
Advertisements
Thanks to some amazing search angels I find myself with information about my birthmom and I am sure it's her. She has lived less than 10 miles from me most of my life and I am on such an emotional rollercoaster I can't sit still. I have written her a letter and my husbands father(who is also adopted and found his dad) said he would be honored to take it to her, I'm just not sure if that is the best way to do it or if I should just mail it to her. I'm afriad if I mail it to her someone in her family may open it and I don't know if I'm a secret but on the other hand someone coming to her door is even harder to explain so I'm a little confused. I don't want to hurt her or disrupt her life. I would appreciate any info from adoptees who have found or birthparents who were found. I do not have a phone # and she is unlisted so calling isn't an option. Thanks! May god bless you all. You can email me or private message me.
Hi Janet!
It is good to hear from you and I am glad all is going well in Colorado and with your birth family.
I am going to Maine/New Hampshire to see my bson get married. We are leaving tomorrow. Things are good between us, but I still come to the site and still have "issues" with being a bmom and with the reunion. I guess that will never change.
I would love to see how others are doing too! Roll call!
Deb
Advertisements
Congratulations on your bson! Am glad to hear that you are going. Hope it went well.
Hopefully, others will come in and post. It may take a while for them to realize that there are new posts since this thread has been dead for quite a while.
Janet
Wow, hard to believe its been that long since any of us posted....i remember when most of us couldn't go a day without coming here for a pick up. Good to hear from you Janet and Deb and I am so glad things are going well for both of you and your reunions. Things are our end are going good...busy busy, kids are great, Bre starts first grade this year and I still can't believe it. I haven't spoken with Jenny in almost a year, but we are slowly working on it. Good to hear from you guys....hopefully everyone else will check in too! :love: Aura
Hi Aura, good to hear from you. Glad things are going well for you. Sorry to hear about you and your mom not speaking in so long but it is good that you are slowly working on it.
I hate this economy though. Neither my husband or I are working. Have been volunteering a lot. I do have something to look forward to as I will be substitute teaching this year.
Advertisements
I don't know how many of the old posters will get this - but I remember how each of you touched my life and helped me through an emotional reunion. I hope everyone is great.
My reunion is still going well. I couldn't ask for more.
Love you all,
Deb
I am one of the old posters here, and I am so happy to read that your reunion is still going well.
I must admit I haven't been on here for a long time ( seems none of us have), and I don't really remember your story, but am still very happy for you .
My reunion with my bson is going well too, it will be 8 years in July. Still hard for me to believe, but like you, and so grateful this place existed so many years ago to help me through the struggles.
Hugs to you and your family. We just have to keep taking those steps one at a time.
Jane
Hi Jane,
It will be 6 years for my son and I on March 1! And he calls me as much or more than I call him. He has totally accepted me and the rest of the family (extended and all). I feel so lucky!
I am glad to hear your reunion is still going well. I hope to hear from others also, but if not I hope it is because they don't need the support any more.
Take care,
Deb
Hey All!! :)
Long time no see!! Glad to hear your reunions are going good, Janie and Deb! Hopefully some other 'oldies' will respond, as I got this notice in my email! I see 2 years have pasted since the last posts... unfortunately, nothing has changed with my so-called "reunion"... still waiting for M to write, call, anything; it's been 5 years now that I haven't heard anything! BUT!! I know that I am a grandmother now!! He is 1 year and a month old - beautiful looking baby!! I can 'see' her Facebook page, so I have ALL kinds of pictures I've saved!! :woohoo:
But I'm cool with it, I guess! Still debating with myself whether to send a short note on her 45th birthday - which will be 2014 - so have LOTS of time to think about it!
See ya!:love:
Advertisements
Hi L@@king
Good to see a recent post - I don't come here often either.
I hoped your daughter would have 'melted' by now but it hasn't happened!!!
But I'm cool with it, I guess! Still debating with myself whether to send a short note on her 45th birthday - which will be 2014 - so have LOTS of time to think about it!
The patience of Jobe!! I love your tenacity.
Regards
Ann
Hey Ann! :cheer:
Long time no "see"!!
I do come here, and check the adoptee threads to see if any are born in California and then I PM them, and give them a lady's name that helped me find my daughter!!!
Unfortunately, haven't heard back from any of them to 'see' if they had any luck!! :confused: Oh Well! I hope they did!!
edited to add: re daughter - yes, I thought too that she would have contacted me, considering she had a baby; but I "think" it's because of her a-mom.... I really don't think she liked me for contacted HER daughter!!!
have made several attempts to contact birth mom and no response.. i have tried several ways even via Facebook = i am under the impression that she does not want to be found/contacted- however i might have a birth brother out there and would like to get info on my birth father -and family history since i learned he passed away some time ago when he was 39 yo.
i have tried several attempts and am quite honestly frazzled by the lack of response from bmom. its been over 3 months now.
however, maybe just maybe her son would like to know me? or at least be willing to give info to me.
Any suggestions..
alwyzonmymind
have made several attempts to contact birth mom and no response.. i have tried several ways even via Facebook = i am under the impression that she does not want to be found/contacted- however i might have a birth brother out there and would like to get info on my birth father -and family history since i learned he passed away some time ago when he was 39 yo.
i have tried several attempts and am quite honestly frazzled by the lack of response from bmom. its been over 3 months now.
however, maybe just maybe her son would like to know me? or at least be willing to give info to me.
Any suggestions..
Well, I can tell you, I mailed my letter to my bdaughter in May, and didn't hear anything until October - so... It's REALLY hard to stay focused on other stuff in your life as you wait!! :grr: All I can say is - stay strong - she might have been way surprised getting a letter from you - and has to take it all in, ya know!!
Advertisements
Hello Everyone!
I was L@@king2 previously!
After 12 years I sent my bdaughter a Happy 50th birthday email. And she answered!!!! We have been emailing each other for the past month. I'm happy. So far so good!!
I wanted to ask - what kind of questions should/can I ask her. just to get to know her, you know. Already know her favorite color, what she collects.
But there must more that I can ask.
Anyone want to give me a list or a link I can go and look.
Any "oldies" here? Aura, Janie, Geogdeb or Janet??? I hope you all are doing well with your reunions. Mine is just starting after a 12 year wait.
Last update on July 17, 12:12 pm by Looking4AndFound.
And "how" do I go to the next page??? I don't see anywhere on the page to do this? The last post before mine is #15 and my post is like #4557 - how do I read the other 4,000??
HELP! :)