Advertisements
Advertisements
Just found out we need this. We had the local done, but I guess they want us to get the state as we are about to enter PGN. UGGGGG I could have did this and been done with it while waiting for pre-approval. :p
[font=Book Antiqua][font=Lucida Calligraphy]Mieya's Mommy
[/font]
[/font][font=Book Antiqua]Our Timeline
I171H: 6-2-05
DNA Match: 7-8-05
DNA sent to Embassy: 7-9-05
FC Complete: 8-5-05
[/font]
[font=Book Antiqua]Pre-approval: 8-08-05[/font]
[font=Book Antiqua]Waiting to enter PGN :eek:[/font]
I struggled with the same issue. Call the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Indentification and Investigation and request their special services/request department. The phone number is 740-845-2000. They were able to pull up my latest webcheck that we had done and could issue notarized letters for me. They were very prompt and helpful - I was so impressed I sent a "Thank You" card.
gnlhoman
Ohio
Advertisements
Hi mieya's mommy- it is a pain in the neck but here is how you do it: Have you had your BCIS fingerprints done for your HS? If you have- then you need to call the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation (740-845-2000)- Explain to them that you need a notarized copy of the State fingerprint check. they will mail it to you- also ask them what county the notary is from. Then when you get it in the mail, you need to send it to the correct county to be county certified (that is why you have to ask about the notary - as they have two different ones) then of course, send it to the SOS and consulate.
Now- if you for some reason did not get the BCIS fingerprints for your hs-Then go to web check on the web and get that done first. Then proceed as follows when the fingerprint check is done. PM me if you need more information or if this is not clear.
Good luck,
MLRJ
Hi gnlhoman and MLRJ,
Thank you both SOOOOO much for helping me with this. :) I appreciate it. :)
Yes, we did the BCIS for our HS, so, cool :D - I will call tomorrow and follow the instructions you provided and get the ball rollin' on this. :)
Take care, :)
[font=Book Antiqua][font=Lucida Calligraphy]Mieya's Mommy
[/font]
[/font][font=Book Antiqua]Our Timeline
I171H: 6-2-05
DNA Match: 7-8-05
DNA sent to Embassy: 7-9-05
FC Complete: 8-5-05
[/font]
[font=Book Antiqua]Pre-approval: 8-8-05[/font]
[font=Book Antiqua]Waiting to enter PGN :eek:[/font]
i second the "webcheck" method.
BUT
be sure to tell them it's for an international adoption or it will come UNsigned and Unnotarized. YUCK...i did get a ko for that with our first referral!! :(
webcheck is great! it takes like...days until you get that paper back!
cris...
Okay, our atty in Guatemala made us redo this 3 times before submitting to PGN. Obviously the 3rd time's a charm because we were in and out of PGN in 13 Days!!!
This is what we did:
1. Went to our local police department and had them do our fingerprints. Make sure you fill out YOUR home address, not your homestudy agency's.
2. Wrote a nice letter to the BCII asking for background check for a Guatemalan adoption. Ask for 2 original copies for each person and for them to be notarized. They have a Madison Cty notary and a Franklin Cty notary, so if you're planning on going to Columbus to get your state seals, it's only about 5 blocks away from the Franklin County Court of Clerks to get those letters verified. The letter was attention to [font='Times New Roman'][font=Verdana]ATTN: Special Request Desk and/or Jodi. Also, you may want to call them and find out if they are going to charge you more for an extra copy (you need one original for your homestudy agency and one original for your dossier.) We paid $16 ($8 ea.) for the 2nd set, but I don't remember what we had to pay for the first set. Their phone number is 740-845-2000. I also enclosed a prepaid, prelabeled return address envelope to return track the envelope. The turn around time is 3-4 business days.[/font][/font]
3. Now even though we requested a Franklin County Notary, ours came with a Madison County Notary. So I drove out to Logan and the actual Clerk of Courts verified the notary. Then off to the State for sealing and the Consulate for blessing.
Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
Advertisements