Advertisements
Advertisements
Okay, our atty in Guatemala made us redo this 3 times before submitting to PGN. Obviously the 3rd time's a charm because we were in and out of PGN in 13 Days!!!
This is what we did:
1. Went to our local police department and had them do our fingerprints. Make sure you fill out YOUR home address, not your homestudy agency's.
2. Wrote a nice letter to the BCII asking for background check for a Guatemalan adoption. Ask for 2 original copies for each person and for them to be notarized. They have a Madison Cty notary and a Franklin Cty notary, so if you're planning on going to Columbus to get your state seals, it's only about 5 blocks away from the Franklin County Court of Clerks to get those letters verified. The letter was attention to [font='Times New Roman'][font=Verdana]ATTN: Special Request Desk and/or Jodi. Also, you may want to call them and find out if they are going to charge you more for an extra copy (you need one original for your homestudy agency and one original for your dossier.) We paid $16 ($8 ea.) for the 2nd set, but I don't remember what we had to pay for the first set. Their phone number is 740-845-2000. I also enclosed a prepaid, prelabeled return address envelope to return track the envelope. The turn around time is 3-4 business days.[/font][/font]
3. Now even though we requested a Franklin County Notary, ours came with a Madison County Notary. So I drove out to Logan and the actual Clerk of Courts verified the notary. Then off to the State for sealing and the Consulate for blessing.
Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.