Advertisements
Advertisements
I am in search of a child born to Betty Jene Bowling in October 1963, and given up for adoption in Houston TX. I'm not sure if the child was born in New Orleans, but if anyone knows anything about this, please respond. She had another child in July 1967 in New Orleans. Any info would be great!
[font=Arial]Make sure someone can still find you 5 years from now if they read this forum. E-mail addresses come and go!!![/font]
[font=Arial]How do I get on the registry?[/font]
[font=Arial]Contact the registry at (225) 342-9922 or 1-800-259-2456 and request a Voluntary Registry packet which will provide all the information necessary for registration. The process includes completion of an affidavit and a $25.00 fee. There is also a counseling requirement that must be met prior to voluntary release of any identifying information, but this is not required in order to register.[/font]
[font=Arial]Where do I write?[/font]
[font=Arial]Should you prefer to write us, send your letter to: [/font]
[font=Arial]The Louisiana Voluntary
Adoption Registry
Post Office Box 3318
Baton Rouge, LA 70821
[/font]
Advertisements
I am in search of a child born to Betty Jene Bowling in October 1963, and given up for adoption in Houston TX. I'm not sure if the child was born in New Orleans, but if anyone knows anything about this, please respond. She had another child in July 1967 in New Orleans. Any info would be great!
Update 11/12/2015.
I am happy to report that my search is over. I was found by my sister-in-law, a couple of weeks ago.
We met for lunch, and I found that it was like I've known them all my life. My daughters and grand-daughter felt the same way; as if we've known each other forever. We live about an hour and a half away from each other. We are going to meet up again next weekend for lunch so that the cousins can meet.
I'm very thankful for this site!