Advertisements
Advertisements
I have two committees coming up. One for two sisters and everyone has been great about sharing their experiences with the girls types of behaviors. The other committee is for a one year old. (I'll only get chose for one or the other.) The caseworker wants a family with experience with polysubstance exposed infants. I don't, really. I have done respite care, but short term under 1 month and have taken medically fragile infant classes. I want to make sure I am really ready for this baby if we're blessed enough to be picked. Here's some of her background if anyone can share their experiences:
[font=Arial]She is an interactive little girl who gives back to people around her. [/font]
[font=Arial]She has good hand coordination and is able to transition objects from one hand to the other and to her mouth. (she was about 8 months old when that was written)[/font]
[font=Arial]She is about 2 months delayed in motor and mental skills.[/font]
[font=Arial]She has some difficulty holding her head up which has affected her ability to roll from her belly on to her back as well as eating solid foods. (written at 8 months old)[/font]
[font=Arial]She does not qualify for Early Intervention at this time.[/font]
[font=Arial]She tested positive for cocaine and opiates at birth. [/font]
[font=Arial]She had suffered from seizures until she was placed on medication.[/font]
[font=Arial]She will need a family that can dote on her and help her overcome her delays. A family experienced with polysubstance exposed infants who can access needed services is important for continued growth and development. [/font]
[font=Arial][/font]
Anything I should know or books I should read?