Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Another possibility is that even though there is nothing medical to justify his behavior, his stools may just be tough enough to be too painful, or he may be afraid of the toilet.
When my sister was little, she would NOT defecate anywhere but in her diapers in front of a mirror. Part of it was fascination, but the other part of it was her stools were painful to pass due to what we later found was IBS, and so looking in the mirror was part of her way of taking the pain of the defecation away.
And I can speak of personal experience of fear of the toilet.
My dad flushed a mouse down the toilet after it was snapped in a trap (septic system could handle it) and it apparently freaked me out. I don't remember any of that, except for a LONG time I would NOT use any toilet but my own, and flushing or blue water would scare me half to death.
I remember even being a teenager and being uncomfortable with the toilet flushing...fearing it would clog...and I never knew why until my parents told me the mouse story.
So, those things may be some other, simple things, that may be going on as well as all of the other good suggestions given already.
Kristi