Advertisements
Advertisements
I was born on 9-10-82 and was adopted around 10-1-82 in Lexington, KY. My adoption was private and I am currently in the process of trying to open my records. I was wondering if anyone might have any information relating to this. My adopted mother told me that I have a sister that was adopted before me and I would like to find her. I think she was born in 1981 or 1980. I don't know what county though.
Kellylt00,
I found some info on adoption law in Ky:
Sect. 199.572(1-6): If the birth parents sign an "Identifying Information and Consent to Release Information" form, it will be kept on file and al lrecords shall be released to the adult adoptee. If a consent is not on file, the adult adoptee may petition the circuitcourt to search for the birth parents listed on the original birth certificate. If they bps do not consent, no info will be released. If the bps cannot be located or are deceased, the cout may order all records opened. The adoptee must pay the CF&C a $150.00 fee to conduct the court-ordered search, which may take up to six months.
Ky State Adoption Dept:
Dept. for Social Services
Cabinet for Families and Children
275 East Main Street, 6th Floor West
Franfort, KY 40621
(502) 564-2147
Hope this helps!
Lynard1210
Closed illinois adoptee
Mom to Matt, age 11
Mom to Marilyn, age 9 mos (adopted 6/24/05)
Advertisements