Advertisements
Advertisements
The only one I got to name was Kennedy Alexis
Stepdaughter is Hailee Brook
"pretend" Daughter is Echo Hope..(she hates it...lol)
Advertisements
Question?????
There is a possibility that we may be adopting a family members baby. She will be a year old this month. Her name is McKenzie.
All our children's names begin with a "C". Any ideas on her name??
Deb
Names were hugely difficult for each one of them between my husband and I. I love untraditional....notice I said untraditional not weird. Whereas my husband loves the simplest names imaginable. Just as an example, here are his family's names, dad: Jim mom: Jackie bro: Scott sisters: Jodie and Julie. Does it get more common than that?
So here are our kids' names
Brycen James
Tyler William (literally could not agree on ANY other name)
Cortlynne Elizabeth
and our daughter that we are adopting from Guatemala is Addyson May. Dan wanted Allyson and I wanted Brynley, and we compromised with Addyson. Naming is impossible.
We are in the process of adopting a baby girl from China. We decided to name her Ava Joi. We really liked the name Ava and Joi because she will be a Joy after 7 longs years of TTC.
DebCsMom
Question?????
There is a possibility that we may be adopting a family members baby. She will be a year old this month. Her name is McKenzie.
All our children's names begin with a "C". Any ideas on her name??
Deb
Hey Deb :)
dont' know what your last name is so I'm just throwing out some "C" names that I think think sound nice with a middle name that I think sounds good with it! LOL
Cyra (Kai-rah) Suzanne Means "Royal Lily"
(I had a friend named Cyra in college and they called her CY(Kai) for short.)
Colleen Rose - Means "Rosy Young Girl"
Carissa Colleen - "Beloved Girl" (think this one is great for a long waited for daughter :))
Caitlin Joy - "Pure Joy/Happiness"
Caroline Joy - "A Strong & Joyful Song"
those are a few of my favorite "C" names for little girls :)
(personally I would stay away from Charity, Constance, & Chastity...All of the women I have known with those names where the anti-thesis of their name's true meaning lol)
Advertisements
(If I have a choice in naming my children- naturally I wont try to rename a 10 year old without their consent!) These are some of the Names I would use- depends on what best fits the child.
Thatcher David,
Wesley Gary,
Samuel Zachry,
Joshua Micheal,
Anni Elizabeth,
Rosemary Emma,
EmmaLeigh Anni
Sarah
Makayla
I love the name Grace. I've also always loved the name "Emma", but since my name is emily I think it'd be way too confusing. Emma Grace sounds so sweet to me. I recently read where KevinBacon's daughter is named Sosie Ruth and I love that name too for some reason. I also like "Joella" - My best friend's name is Elly and my grandmother's name is JoAnn.
I also love Connor Andrew, Spencer Alexander or Spencer Edgar (as much as I don't like the name Edgar it is my grandfather's name and he's one of my favorite people), and John Joseph "Joey".
It's gonig to take so long to decide!
I've been wanting to post here for a while. (You'll see, long post.);)
I was "Joey" when I was a kid (and still to DH). I think Joely is a nice name that might work for you too, iwrite.
I was TREMENDOUSLY amused last weekend when my DH out of the blue said to me I think Jane would be good for a girl. Now, one year ago he was fighting tooth and nail against the adoption (mainly timing, he wanted to wait). He relented and our son will be one next month. A couple of months ago when I said I wanted to come up with new boy and girl name choices for the next baby, he said, "I don't even want to talk about it. We need to wait until he is at least 4 till we apply again." And then I find out he has been thinking about it ON HIS OWN and decided on a GIRL'S name. It is okay because I am pretty set on a choice for a boy.
And then yesterday, when we were paying for our new water heater :( , he says, "I wish we weren't putting all this money toward house improvements. Then, we could put it toward adopting more children." childREN!!!! :woohoo:
One more thing about names, DH and I had a boy and girl choice before we even applied. SO for the longest time, I thought we would have an Art or an Ella. But, now that we have an Art, I don't want to use the Ella. I felt like I needed to have two brand new choices. Almost like Ella would be a castoff name. I know it is weird, but we are choosing new ones. I wouldn't be surprised if we do the same thing for #3. :evilgrin:
We tend to like REALLY old-fashioned and fairly uncommon names. Ella was short for Marcella (my granny's name). And, though I know most won't like it, I like Ulysses, Ulee for short, for a boy. I am big on nicknames, what would I do with a Jane? :p
Sissy
My husband and I can't agree on anything either! We happen to like the names of our foster kids....wouldn't change them. Maybe add another middle name, we'll see. Can't post them yet.
As for other names, I love
Isabella (or Isabel--DH's pick)
Tayrn (read in a book once)
Noelia (MIL's name)
Evelyn (gma's middle name)
Landon
Bryce
Shoot, I have a ton more but now that I'm trying to remember to type, I can't!
DH is all about plain boring names, so we'll have to fight it out. Plus he is Hispanic and I want Hispanic=y type names somewhere in there. Have to fit w/ the rest of the family. :)
Nieces (Hispanic)
Alondra Sophia (Ah loan dra)
Narahi (Nah rah e)
Fun thread by the way!
Advertisements
My son's name is Slade Everett .... he was supposed to be Brennah NeElle :-) ... if/ when we adopt again if it's a girl we will still use the name Brennah... if it's a boy we will name him Vaden Todd...
As you can see, we really like unusual names... I am a school teacher, and it seems that every name we would come up with I could come up with some child I knew by that name so we had to dig deep...LOL...
Just wanted to post my little ones names, we have 3 boys.
Xander Riley 3
Noah Bailey 1
Elijiah Malachi due in Nov.
Planning on adopting from China when i turn 30 and her name will probably be Avagail Macy.:p
We are still waiting but these are the names we have picked out.
Girls:
Emerson Grace (Emma)
Addison Claire (Addie)
Boys:
Braden Roberts
Owen Lucas
We are waiting for our third child and are hoping for a little girl. Our very first choice was Maya. This has become one of the most popular girls names in Israel, so we opted for Hilah. It was my grandmother's sister's name. In Hebrew it means the "halo" arond the moon. :) Of course in English that could be translated into "moonshine", which could get her in trouble.
Advertisements
We gave the names to both of our sons:
Rutger Lewis
Beven Benjamin
The BioMom's put these are their original Birthcertificates also.
Dh and I had an awful time, especially with girl names. We settled on two boy names right away: Tristan Thomas or Jackson Thomas.
But when it came to girl names, DH was just so BORING. He liked Jill, Michelle, Sarah....you get the idea.
After months of back and forth, we made a list of five girl names and decided that if we adopted a girl, we'd choose one when we met her.
They were:
Evangelina, Claire, Alessandra, Quinn and Kira. The middle name would be Alene regardless after my Grandma.
Well, one morning we got the call that our daughter was waiting for us at the hospital. Two hours later there we were holding our beautiful Evangelina. We both knew it was meant to be her name as soon as we saw her.