Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Just Alone
doinitalone,
I'm so sorry to hear of this situation that you're in.
As to what you could do, your options are to single parent, place the baby for adoption or have an abortion. You sound as if you have already crossed off abortion from that list of options and you're right, you shouldn't have to have one or base your decision on what the father of your child wants.
So that leaves you with the options of single parenting this child or placing this child for adoption. Neither me or anyone else can tell you what to do. This is a decision that you will have to make on your own.
There are positive and negative experiences when talking about placing a child for adoption and as you're already a single parent, you know what that is like. So, my suggestion to you would be to go talk with a counselor, who can help you look at your options and help you to be able to come to a decision on your own that you will feel comfortable and alright with because you are the one who will have to live with this decision whatever choice you end up making, not the father or anyone else.
My experience is that I am a birthmom to two beautiful daughters. I thoroughly researched my options and talked with a counselor and others before I came to the decision to place my girls for adoption both times. So, I would suggest talking with others and gathering info and making sure that you make a well informed decision.
I am okay and 100% at peace with my decision that I made to place both my girls for adoption, but there are other birthmothers who have placed their children for adoption and have regrets also. There are many here who will be able to help and give you the advice and support you need in making this decision, but just remember that your experience with whatever decision you make will be different than anyone else's has been.
If you have any questions or want to talk, feel free to send me a PM (private message).
God Bless.
Anne :)