Advertisements
Advertisements
Philomena Lee placed her child for adoption many years ago and is now telling her story after 50 years.
Last update on April 25, 3:49 pm by Miriam Gwilliam.
If laws can be changed for the betterment of the birth family, it's all good. Now, let's see if that happens.
Advertisements
adoptionadmin,
I would highly recommend that you actually go to see the movie...everyone must know the history of adoption so that adoption never repeats the past.
Kind regards,
Dickons
I don't see how this is a hollywood ending. She didn't reconcile with her son. She didn't get to tell him that she had always loved him and never wanted to have him adopted. He knew none of that. And she only knows what others can tell her of him. She never got to know him herself.
The part I don't understand though, is why to US laws need to change to allow children adopted from Ireland to access their records. Wouldn't the records that matter be in Ireland and not under US jurisdiction? What am I missing on this? I know I'm missing something. . . . I mean if she's campaigning for OBC access, that's great, but children born in Ireland would have an OBC in Ireland not the US.