Advertisements
Advertisements
If you have any information that may be useful to me, please help. I am a male that was born May 21,1973 and am looking for birth family.
Ryan
Advertisements
I really have no information. Only thing I know for sure is I was told it was a single mother with a possible thyroid problem.
Advertisements
No, I haven't. You have any suggestions on exactly where to start?
All I know is she was a young single mother at this point.
Ryan
Just wanted to update this thread. My birth mother and I were reunited by Lutheran Family Services in 2009. I was actually sent a letter by LFS and they helped co-ordinate the communication and meet. We first sent letters to LFS who would then re-send them to the other party for anonymity for both of us unless we decided to meet. After a little while, we started to communicate via email and we met face to face August 8, 2009. Similarities were immediately noticeable and the meet went pretty well. We met on neutral ground to try to keep it easy for both of us.
Since our initial meet, I have traveled to visit her a couple times and she has come here once. In the last couple years, things have been pretty slow; I don't know that she ever intended on meeting me face-to-face. She has a family of her own and I had been out of her life since the day I was born. We parted when I was hours old and met when I was a grown man. Currently, I reply when she sends me an email but I no longer initiate communication as I feel like I'm being pushy and forcing her to reply. Hoping things may go farther but I also understand that it may not happen.
I am now also attempting to locate my birth father. From what I gathered, his name is Robert Thompson and he was from the Omaha area. He was in the army and located in Alaska and Germany from what I understand. He attended the University of Nebraska for Optics and some sort of engineering from what she could remember. In 1972, he was working a security job in Omaha at a power company (I think OPPD?). Sounds like his parents were pretty religious and he may have never told his parents.
Anyway, if you are Robert Thompson and you are wondering where your son is and what he's up to, please feel free to contact me. You can reply here, send me a PM on here, or you can also email me to either introduce yourself or to get my mailing address if you are more comfortable with that.