Advertisements
Advertisements
Ok, I am seriously looking for a support group for moms with Elmo addicted children?
Our son is an official Elmo junkie--we are having problems finding a good 12 step program for him!
The funny thing is, he got addicted thanks to a Dancin Elmo given to him by SIL, he has only recently started to see Sesame Street because we always limited TV
Yes I admit I have fed the addiction with books and the Personalized Elmo from Santa, but after recent melt down the other day because he had to leave the doctor's office without the Elmo he had been playing with (that belonged to the office), I realized we are in need of help!!
Please tell me there is an end in sight?
Poor DH, we used to ask Alek who is his best friend and he always said daddy, now he says Elmo.
Anyone else out there dealing with this frenzy?
Daniel loves Elmo, too...our DD chose Elmo as the theme for his 1st bday, which was just for the 4 of us. He LOVED the Elmo toys that were waiting for him when he came home with us, and now has confiscated every Elmo thing his sister ever received, too. His favorite is a tiny boombox of Elmo tunes, to which he dances with glee! Within one week home, he was saying his version of Elmo, "Melba". I'll have to find a pic to post.
Hey, if there has to be an obsession, I don't mind Elmo. Barney I would mind!
- Maura :D
Advertisements
Jake is addicted to Balloons. It's how I potty trained him. I gave him a balloon every time he pooped in the potty. For the longest time he called them poopoo balloons. (try explaining that at the party store)
Whenever we go somewhere if he sees a kid with a balloon the meltdown starts. Last night we took him to Chucky Cheese for his Birthday, He did great until some other kid's birthday walked in with a ton of balloons. So I went up to the counter to get him one and they were out of helium!!! That was the end of that we ended up going home and blowing one up at home.
I can't wait for the balloon adiction to end!
Paula - the real addict is Greg - and not to Elmo but to anything his little girl wants. She sees him on the computer and puts her hands up and says up, settles in on his lap and says Elmo. Off he goes to Ebay.
I tell him, "she's 18 months old...she doesnt know any better. Just show her the pictures. But day after day (almost) Fed Ex comes with an Elmo package for girlie or a Spiderman package for Sam. It just depends on who hit Papa up last.
I need to change my signature to "up to my armpits in Elmo/Spiderman/PowerRangers"
Christina
Advertisements
Please Answer this Debate between my husband and I:
I think there are 2 Mr. Noodles and my husband thinks there is only one.
I told him that there was an episode with both of them dancing together and that there was an evident height difference. Can anyone clarify??
I don't know for sure if there are two or not. But the one where there were two of them dancing was when Mr. Noodle was dancing with his brother (Elmo's World was about family that day).
My friend told me that she thinks the actor that plays Mr. Noodle died, so maybe they have a replacement Mr. Noodle, or maybe his 'brother' took over the role.
Yes, there are two Mr. Noodles. They are brothers.
Mr. Noodle is played by Bill Irwin, the fantastic character actor and physical comedian, His brother, "Mr. Noodle's Brother, Mr. Noodle" was played by the late Michael Jeter, of Evening Shade fame.
I am so frightened that I know that.
Advertisements
Miss Noodle is Kristin Chenoweth, the noted broadway actress/singer from Wicked and several other plays...
I have seen her perform live several times and just about fell over when I saw that she was Miss Noodle.
Well, we are feeding the addiction even further by taking Alek to see Sesame Street Live (Elmo's Coloring Book), it should be interesting!!!
Advertisements
We're going to Sesame Stree Live in a few weeks, too. However, ours is centered around Grover. I'm hoping that Elmo at least puts in an appearance. And I just purchased another Elmo outfit on eBay yesterday.
Elmo addiction is a dire issue that I hold close to my heart. It has caused many to perish at the hands of the furry red devil, and I can no longer to stand to see his pure evil take another victim. So I call forth, as fellow human beings, for us to strike down the crimson king of children's television and free all of those bound by elmo addiction. For future generations to live safely, we must bravely set out to destroy this puppet of darkness. We ride at midnight.
Yours truly,
The Elmo Slayer