Advertisements
Advertisements
I have a twelve month old bio daughter. We have a crib and a toddler bed in her room, recently she has been climbing up on it and playing, reading or just snuggling with a teddy, we have some bears on the bed. I have an in home daycare and watch a two year old boy she loves him so much, she see's him on the bed sleeping.
Is it possible she is soon ready to sleep in a big girls bed?
What is the normal age for the change in beds?
Deborah
I've been told around 18 months is average. It really depends on the child, though. When it becomes dangerous to keep her in the crib--she is able to climb out on her own--you should definitely transition her.
Advertisements
First time around, I was in a hurry for everything, LOL. At 10 months old, my son climbed out of the crib and never went back into it. The plan was to keep him in our bed "until he was big enough" to go into a toddler bed. Ummmm, he's four now and though finally out of our bed, he is still in our room (in his own twin bed).
Fast forward to present: My now 22 month old climbed out of her crib about 3 months ago. I ran out and bought her a crib tent and now she CAN'T get out. She will stay in her crib as long as is humane, LOL. I learned the hard way with the first one - and also the little one is MUCH TOO devious to have run of the house should she wake up.
Munchkin was in a Big Bed sometime around her two year birthday. (I can't remember if it was before or after.) It took her awhile to understand that she could get OUT of the bed so they didn't have a problem for awhile. Now she gets out and plays with books. ;)
There is no particular time to switch from a crib to a toddler bed. Most children make the switch sometime between ages 1 1/2 and 3 1/2.
Normally, all children at 12 months old, will start to sleep on the bed. It's safe but you should take utmost care. They may simply jump over from the bed.
Advertisements