Advertisements
Advertisements
After our forum consolidation - I got a few messages from parents who really wanted to see this forum...so, here it is :)
We'll see how it goes...(hopefully well) :)
I don't know, Donna, its still snowing like crazy here no sign of it changing to rain. I didn't hear the weather reports until late last night either. Of course, our 9 yo was up at 5:30 AM glued to the TV to see if Waltham cancelled school. The only schools that cancelled were around Worcester. Route 2 was pretty clear this AM, I hope its OK on the way back.
Tookie - LOL, don't worry we need you guys from CT. How is the weather down there?
Advertisements
Wow - glad to see so many hits to the forum!!!
I have to say I have lived on the North Shore almost my entire life and I don't know most of the places you are talking about - I guess I need to get out more!
7 inches of snow here in Andover (yea as my husband plows for the town!)
Kathryn - glad to hear the MAPP classes are off to a good start - I'll be interested in seeing how your process goes - I still think about adopting through DSS sometimes but don't really know anyone who has.
Julie - I don't think I congratulated you on being matched again - I'll hold my breath along with you!
Poolside - saw your post on the other board that you may have another sibling coming coming soon - I'll say my prayers that all works out for the best there!
Hi All,
I'm from CT but do know Worcester Mass as I have a super friend up there that breeds Golden Retrievers. I also breed and have done many road trips up to see her, her dogs and lend a hand.
I am in the process of adopting a 13 yr old girl. We all believed she was my brother's but rumor was she wasn't. Well, finally al test done and she is not. No difference here for us. We still love her like our own! She has been in state care for 4 plus years now with over 13 placements including a yr in residental. TPR's papers have finally been filed now waiting for court dates. The biof is stating he will be signing over his rights right to us. The bioM is resisting but the state is not turning back now! B wants this home too.
I have been in a commited realationship from 2 plus yrs now. He has become B's papa! They adore each other and are the best of pals. We have two goldens mother and a daughter.
We live in a small town along the east side of the CT river about 1/2 hour from the shore! It's a great place to call home and raise a family!
Nice to meet you all.
Hi Faith, and welcome.
We're seriously considering adding a dog to our family - we have two cats and we had a cocker spaniel who we put down two years ago, and we'd love to get a golden. We have a few friends who own them and say they are great for kids.
Opus,
Goldens are the best! OK JMO! They are a great family dog. My youngest one Faith came into season this week. She will not be breed until all her clearences have been done and past and she needs to be two years old. The good news about Faith coming into season is her mother Meg will follow her in within the next few weeks.
I am so excited to be breeding another litter. I only have one litter every other year or so. Meg is lovely, and very easy going. I have reshearch pedigrees and stud dogs and will be taking Meg to a favorite breeder of mine. She has been breeding Goldens for 30 yrs give or take. I will be breeding to Meg to her Ozzie who is lovely and very out going and very smart. Both her lines and mine compliment each others. Plus, they are very healthy and have long ligity lines over 13-15 years of life. And both lines have great temperments too. I am hoping that we produce some wonderful puppies.
It will be very rewarding for B to assit me throughout this process. B will help me whelp this litter and raise them. I do a lot of socailizing with them before they go to thier new homes. I also set up a interractive playground for them. I start housebreaking the litter and temperment test them too. B will also help me interveiw the prospective new owners. I think this will help her with socail skills. And will help her be able to say good bye to the puppies and wish them the best.
I just love raising a litter. I find it lots and lots of work and very time consuming. I love seeing the birthing process and helping with it. Then the whole raising of the litter, meeting the new owners and building super repores with them. I never thought of it this way before now but it's so much like being a foster mom. :)
Thanks for the welcome too, I didn't mean to forget that! I just get carried away about talking about the dogs. :)
Advertisements
Wow, I blink and miss a ton. I must add this thread to my subscriptions...
Thanks Ktates for your well wishes, things seem good so far. A few bumps, but nothing unmanageable. I just finished putting baby clothes away in her dresser! DH repainted a perfect little dresser, finished it last night, so the clothes got moved into there. Almost unbelievable.
NiandCa, I have heard wonderful things about my boyfriend.. I mean Brady. LOL! I have to stop that. Would LOVE to meet him and learn for myself. I know, I know, so fresh!
Opus, yeah, Damon was good, no doubt about it. But, hopefully we'll get someone who will blossom here. Did you hear about Theo? How he's now "executive GM"? Come on, dude, that's what all the stink was about? I like Theo a lot, but come on! That knocked him down a few pegs. I wonder what really goes on behind closed doors, there's such a negative vibe from people who leave, even when they leave willingly. You know, Nomar was very respectful when he left, I just wonder what really goes on.. the world may never know!
I hit a snow squall driving home from work. I work in Northeastern MA, live in central MA, so I'm on 495 and all of a sudden, it's DUMPING snow on me. Not pretty fluffy snow, either, we're talking pelting/sleety, tiny, bouncy snow! I couldn't believe it. As I got closer to home it lessened and finally stopped. Amazing! The trees were so pretty this morning covered with all the snow. I enjoyed the scenic drive!
Tookie... most important question.. Sox or Yanks? lol
Where is the rest of NE?
Faith, good luck on your adoption, sounds very good. Rollercoastery, but good. :-)
Thanks for the warm welcome Julie! What can one say about NE weather but it's unpredictablity! LOL
We didn't get snow squalls yesterday but we did get bouts of rain here in CT about 5:30 PM yesterday. And the temp dropped reall fast within an hour about 6 degrees but not cold enough for the snow.
It sounds like your so excited to be bringing your little girl home soon! Can't wait to hear more.
Also, I have a question about the talk about ODS/ACONE what is it and should I be particapting in it?
Thanks!
Faith - definately check out ODS/ACONE, in case you missed it, here is their web site:
[url]http://odsacone.org/index.html[/url]
Julie - Your boyfriend Tom Brady (the animated version)will be on Family Guy on Fox Sunday night. I saw the preview it looks pretty funny. Tommy is certainly making the cartoon rounds - remember the Simpsons episode last year?
What is up with Theo? I really didn't care about his comments regarding the Josh Beckett deal. Looking forward to Coco Crisp coming to the Sox, if not for his ability, at least for his name. :D
We got a light covering of snow overnight. It looked very pretty driving to work this AM. The forecast is for the 50's on Saturday. :clap: DD wants to feed the geese and the ducks at the park that day so it'll be warm. :)
Family Guy was pretty funny (as usual), go Tom...
What an incredible weekend, so warm, so un New England like.
What's everyone up to?
Advertisements
Opus, I saw him (my boyfriend, of course!) on Family Guy last night... it was funny.
Oh, I can't remember, did I mention that he has a sister named Julie??? LOL! See, Julie Brady goes naturally together!
HAHAHAHA!
I needed a good chuckle this morning.
We had just an amazing day yesterday. We met with our pbparents again, B & K. B's mom came, K's mom, Aunt, and granma came. My folks were able to join us, too. B wanted to make sure we all had a chance to meet with extended family in advance of the birth so she wouldn't have to worry about introductions at the hospital. How sweet of her, right? I can not tell you how impressed and how grateful we are to them for being as open they are.
The meeting was fantastic. I got home last night, and set up a car seat in DH's car, just in case (she's due in 4 weeks and 6 days now!!!)--that was a project in and of itself! Sitting in the backseat of dh's car in the pooring rain setting up this seat.. must have been a great entertainment for neighbors watching me fiddle around. They probably think I've flipped my lid... we've been bringing baby stuff in the last few weeks, and since we just moved here none of them know we're adopting.. they probably think we're super early pregnant and getting everything ready WAY TOO SOON or they think I've just plain old flipped out! LOL! To be a fly on their walls. It's a nice neighborhood, we just haven't had an opportunity to get to know anyone well yet since we moved in late fall.. spring and summer we'll be out a lot and will get to know them all, I'm sure.
Anyway, I could ramble all day.
:-) Have a great Monday!
How was everyone else's weekend?
Julie - That's great news about your meeting with the family. Car seats - I'll never forget the 1st time I set one up in the back seat, I didn't know what I was doing...
We had a great weekend, I took Emma to the park to feed the ducks, while mommy took big brother to the mall. She said something really funny while we were tossing stale bread their way, "Daddy, they're laughing at us."
Hard to believe that January is coming to end, this winter has gone by so fast. I know we're not out of the woods yet though - remember the big April Fools Day blizzard?
Hi!
I just wanted to post here and say hi. I'm new to this board and new to adoption. I'm currently in southern NH, but I'm from MA.
My husband and I are just starting our adoption experience. We're currently researching agencies and organizing finances. I'm getting very excited about adopting a child.
I'm glad there is a board for other adoptive families in NE. I'm sure I'll keep popping in here with questions. ;)
Thanks!
Good Morning Amzippity And Welcome to the Forum!
I am in CT, and love your state of NH planning a couple camping trips this summer in your lovely state.
We're always glad to have new folks join us. Feel free to share your journey, fustrations, and excitement with us.
Enjoy your day!
Advertisements
Hello everybody. My wife and I are also very new to the forums, but a little bit farther along with the process. We dropped all of our paperwork off at the Secretary of State on Tuesday, and will be picking it back up all sealed on April 20. Our agency has been helpful, to a point. We have many questions to ask, but have not gotten many answers. Hopefully that will all change once we get the sealed packet back from the State. Then the agency might realize that we are serious about this process, and start answering more questions, and letting us know al ittle bit more about the timeline involved.
If anybody has any suggestions, comments or tips, please feel free to PM me, or ask them here. I'll be on often looking for information about everything.
My husband and I are just starting the process. We have been wanting to do this for awhile now and then we were approached by 2 ladies that we go to church with. They work at a daycare where this little boy goes. He was abandoned by his birth mother and her parental rights were terminated as of Dec. 29, 2006. He is legally free to adopt and the foster family can't do it due to financial reason, but they do love him. So we have met with his social worker (who is great) and started all the paper work. He said our apartment looks great, he just did a quick view of it because he said the homestudy will do it. He is going to try to get us pre-adoption placement, but I am sure that won't be until we are approved. I am sure he will probably be 1 years old before he comes to us.
My question is: How do I prepare for the homestudy?
Should I buy things now, like a crib?
We don't have any children so we are not fully sure at what he will need, we know the basics just not the little things like how many undershirts, pajamas, toys.......
I guess I just want to be prepared for when they come check things out.
BTW I live in Spencer, Massachusetts...
:thanks: