Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
MaddenMom. If you look at the link I posted there are directions on how to replace a lost Russian passport. Alot more items are needed, but it is possible. Sorry to hear that you lost it in the flood. I am sure you lost other items too that are not replacable:( . My thoughts are with you.
Ztlady you are correct. I spoke with my agency and my son does have to travel to Russia on his Russian passport and enter the US on his US passport. A visa would not be issued to my son. Looking at my son US passport it would be impossible to get a visa to enter into Russia since place of birth says Russia. Just like on his NY birth certicate too.
I do plan on bringing a copies of his Russian birth certificate, NY birth certificate and US citizenship and adoption certificates (Russia and NY, we readopted in NY) along with both his passports (Russia & US). I know that is overkill, but I feel better to have then to not have.
Tomorrow I am going to call to see if I do need to register him since I wasn't required to do so back in 1999 or when I renew his passport he would be automatically registered and I would just have to pay both the fees. I am no issue doing this and if it was required back then I would have. Back in 1999 my son received a green card as an alien resident. We had to apply for citizenship for him and attend a swearing in ceremony. Things have changed alot since then and now.
I really am curious if I get his old passport back like I did when we renewed ours US passports. I am going to make copies of the pages just in case I don't :( .