Advertisements
Advertisements
There are a few topics that arent talked about a lot in adoption Җ a lot of times, these topics are misunderstood and those who are going through then are made to feel bad. Those topics are Post Adoption DepressionӔ and other Post Adoption emotional issues.
Weve had many threads in the last few months in which parents have discussed their feelings and experience Җ and with the increase in threads I thought it would be nice for them to have their own forum.
This isn֒t a forum for debate nor is it a forum to ֓compare pain Ԗ this is a safe place for adoptive parents to share their feelings on post adoption issues and seeks support from others (regardless of triad position).
I really hope this forum can be a successful place for those who are experiencing post adoption emotional issues to seek support.
Advertisements
What a wonderful idea. I really did not want to talk to anyone about how I felt when we brought our son home. My husband even commented that I did seem as excited as he thought I would be. I really was....I was just taken off guard by the depression I also felt and did not understand why. It still hits me once in a while. But it actually kind of scared me....as though perhaps I thought after the fact that this is not what I should have been doing...even though in my heart this was what I have always wanted. I can't imagine my life with out Logan now. He is my world and I have always loved him to pieces. It was just that for a while once he came home I was out of sorts. Anyway this is great, glad to see I am not the only one. Kudos for creating this forum!!!
xoxo
Nikki
We have had a nerve-wracking 6 months, not because of our DS -- his coming into our lives has felt "right" from the very second I saw him come into the world. But other issues dealing with the birthfather have caused us stress, but I hestitated to vent on these forums for fear that I would be blasted for the way I was feeling. I would like to get some things off my chest, but I need to step back and find the right words to express how I feel and why I feel the way I do. I'll pop back after I have thought about it more.
Thanks for starting this thread, Brandy
There is a whole forum, not just this one thread....there are NO wrong words to express yourself here. we "get it" with very little eloquence on your part.....just showing up and saying.... "wow this is rough....how do you get thru the bad days?" is enough to get support.
Good morning,
I am so very happy for this site.
I am on an emotional roller coaster ride since we have adoptive our princess and I don't know if it is normal or if I I'm just imagining things. My husband and I have been struggling to conceive for 7 years and an IVF was the only option. We also started to talk about adoption but wanted to try IVF first. Then, one day out of the blue, I received a phone call from a social worker, saying that there is a baby that wasn't born yet, up for adoption. GOD's Hand was in all of this, because in five days time we held her in our arms. It was the best time of our lives and we loved her as our own from day one.
The problem is that I feel so insecure as if I am so scared that she doesn't love me or didn't bond with me or loves my mother in law more than me. My parents in law are staying with us on the same premises and she looks after our 3 month old baby girl. These feelings makes me subconsciously resent my mother in law and I feel threatened by her. My mother in law is a wonderful lady with so much love to give.
I don't want to feel like this because I love my parents in law so much, I just don't understand these feelings.
I hope that someone will please shed some light on my situation.
Thank you very much.
Advertisements