Advertisements
Advertisements
Let me start off by saying, Thank You to all Birth Mums for choosing adoption!!!:)
Maybe you can help some of us adoptees that were born in Kamloops. What I'm asking for is names of Maternity Homes in the Kamloops area during the 1960's and 1970's. Hopefully someone out there might be able to help with this. It's just that I've noticed over the years of searching that alot of us adoptees that were born in Kamloops during this time frame are still looking!!!
Please help us!!!
Advertisements
icemar
Let me start off by saying, Thank You to all Birth Mums for choosing adoption!!!:)
Maybe you can help some of us adoptees that were born in Kamloops. What I'm asking for is names of Maternity Homes in the Kamloops area during the 1960's and 1970's. Hopefully someone out there might be able to help with this. It's just that I've noticed over the years of searching that alot of us adoptees that were born in Kamloops during this time frame are still looking!!!
Please help us!!!
Hello,
I am one of the women that was at Marion Hilliard Home in Kamloops. In 1968 I spend four months there when I was 17.
I was one of the youngest and opened the doors for young women to be accepted. They used to only allow women that were over 21. Times have changed. I have since had a reunion with my daughter. So it can happen. I am also an adoptee and am able to look at the situation from both sides. Good luck,
Juma
juma
Hello,
I am one of the women that was at Marion Hilliard Home in Kamloops. In 1968 I spend four months there when I was 17.
I was one of the youngest and opened the doors for young women to be accepted. They used to only allow women that were over 21. Times have changed. I have since had a reunion with my daughter. So it can happen. I am also an adoptee and am able to look at the situation from both sides. Good luck,
Juma
That is beautiful, love to hear of reuniting!!!
I went to the Marian Hilliard School in Kamloops too, in 1985/86 and had a baby boy Jan 20th, 1986, i would love to find him also!
I was born in Kamloops in 1949. At the time there apparently were no homes for unwed mothers but a very understanding doctor quietly found places where they could board in return for light housekeeping duties until they were due. My mother left the hospital with 50 cents in her pocket, enough for a sandwich and bus fare to the mental hospital where she started work in the kitchen. No EI or welfare in those days.
Advertisements
I am looking for my brother I just found out my mom gave him up in Kamloops at the hospital his name was Michael Pettman it was either march7 or april7 1975 pls help me