Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm trying to find out some information about my birth parents, either one or both would be a miracle for me. I was adopted sometime in the three months after I was born, which was on February 8, 1983. My adoptive parents, the only parents I have ever know, are absolutely wonderful people, married 46 years, and I have never had the courage to ask them about my life before them, because I just feel that it would be painful for them in some way.
Recently I was retrieving my birth certificate from their house and I stumbled across some paperwork from their adoption process, on which I was named "Baby Girl Thompson." I'd assume that either my birth mother or birth father had the last name Thompson. That's all I have, other than my own birth date and the fact that I am alive and well and VERY curious about where I come from. Any information would be helpful.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, even if you cannot help me to find what I am looking for!
Maine changed the laws back on 2009 so you can obtain your original birth certificate.
Look for this area on the page/link. Read the rules so you ensure your application is complete.
Adult Adoptee Access to Original Birth Certificate Rules and Forms
Chapter 12 Adult Adoptee's Access to Original Birth Certificate (Rules) word*
ՕApplication for Adult Adoptee to Original Birth Certificate form word* | pdf*
Medical History form word* | pdf*
ՕContact Preference form word* | pdf*
[url=http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/public-health-systems/data-research/vital-records/]office of Data, Research, and Vital Statistics; MeCDC - DHHS Maine[/url]
Kind regards,
Dickons
Advertisements
The above post is assuming you were born in Maine...if not tell me what state and I can tell you whether you can get your original birth certificate or not.
Kind regards,
Dickons