Advertisements
Advertisements
I've been reading some posts where people have suggested having business cards made and leaving them places. For those of you who have done this, what did you put on them? Did you put your phone number on them? email? or agency's contact information? I'm feeling the need to do more to help us find a birthmom and I am intrigued by this.
Kim
Hi Kim-we made ours on our computer and used business card paper- we liked the kind with a straight edge although a tiny bit more pricey-they were helpful we kept them simple and used our first names and our website listed with a toll free number.
We did leave them in places that had postings(ie.bagel shop etc.) putting the first one up was the biggest challenge. We also sent them with a letter to our family and friends to give to people they knew, and their own physicians and lawyers. Our match came through a coworker of a friend.
Best Wishes! Leni
Advertisements
Hi Kimmisue,
We put our toll free number, our cell numbers, the agency toll free, our email address.. we figured the more ways to reach us the better. What we haven't used, we will save, and may use for a future adoption. And they were very inexpensive and good quality.
Good luck in your plans!
If you want some cheap, easy cards, go to
vistaprint.com
They have a section of FREE cards where you only pay the $4.99 shipping. They turn out great. Although I haven't used them for adoption I have for business and they are good quality. Good Luck!
Our wording was usually a variation of:
Active, fun-loving couple hope to adopt. We're ready to provide a stable home full of music, laughter and love for a newborn or twins.
Please contact FNM and FNM
Phone #
email address
website
We used the free card offer too - it can be used multiple times - and found it to be quite effective.
HTH
Regina
Advertisements
A girl I work with was just telling me that her sister did this. She also printed postings off her computer and left them at stores etc.. that had cork boards up. she also left them at Dr. offices and almost everywhere she went. She also left them around college campuses.
Just a side note.... this is how she found her birth mother.
good luck!!!!