Advertisements
Advertisements
I was born in Halifax N.S. on March 21, 1968 and my biological mother named me Tina Louise Cashin. I just got my adoption papers/orig birth cert which shows my b/mom's maiden name as Geraldine Marie Hynes. If anyone knows anythihg, I would appreciate any information. My name is Sandra Forshaw and you can email me at sandra.forshaw@ypg.com (only until June 2006), after that I can be emailed at skdforshaw@hotmail.com
[font=Comic Sans MS]Hynes, Dennis Patrick[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Evening Telegram May 3, 1990 (Thursday)[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Died suddenly at his residence, Caribou Legion Manor, Pleasantville, on Wednesday, May 2, 1990, aged 61 years. Predeceased by his wife Gertrude (nee White) in 1988. He leaves to mourn sons: Darren and friend Donna McGrath of St. John's, Ron (Butch) Owens and wife Edie of Ontario; daughters: Dianne Whitaker, Sheila and husband Michel LaBrie of Quebec; and Ken Whitaker; grandchildren: Monique, Crystal, Danny, Kenny, John and Mike (Mick); sisters: Rita and husband Martin Gladney and family, Margaret and husband Henry Thorne and family, Ann and husband Michael Cardinal and family; the White family, Alice and husband Ed Druken, Marg and husband Gordon Butler, Joan and husband Ron English, Geraldine and husband Francis Barron, Anna and husband Frank Denief, Violet and husband Matt Fowler and Dan White. Also numerous nephews and nieces, former friends at Wabush and Caribou Legion Manor, Pleasantville. Resting at the Carnell Memorial Chapel, Freshwater Road. Funeral Mass on Saturday, May 5, 1990 at 10:30 a.m. from the Holy Rosary Parish, Portugal Cove. Cremation to follow.[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Francis Barron[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Parks Canada[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Cape Breton Highlands[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]National Park of Canada[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]37639 Cabot Trail[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Ingonish Beach, NS[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Canada B0C 1L0[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Telephone: (902) 285-2624 [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Geraldine Cashin?[/font]
[url="http://www.rootsweb.com/~nslsatb/torbay/memoriums/memorium001.htm"][font=Comic Sans MS]http://www.rootsweb.com/~nslsatb/torbay/memoriums/memorium001.htm[/font][/url]
Advertisements
evildishrag
[font=Comic Sans MS]Hynes, Dennis Patrick[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Evening Telegram May 3, 1990 (Thursday)[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Died suddenly at his residence, Caribou Legion Manor, Pleasantville, on Wednesday, May 2, 1990, aged 61 years. Predeceased by his wife Gertrude (nee White) in 1988. He leaves to mourn sons: Darren and friend Donna McGrath of St. John's, Ron (Butch) Owens and wife Edie of Ontario; daughters: Dianne Whitaker, Sheila and husband Michel LaBrie of Quebec; and Ken Whitaker; grandchildren: Monique, Crystal, Danny, Kenny, John and Mike (Mick); sisters: Rita and husband Martin Gladney and family, Margaret and husband Henry Thorne and family, Ann and husband Michael Cardinal and family; the White family, Alice and husband Ed Druken, Marg and husband Gordon Butler, Joan and husband Ron English, Geraldine and husband Francis Barron, Anna and husband Frank Denief, Violet and husband Matt Fowler and Dan White. Also numerous nephews and nieces, former friends at Wabush and Caribou Legion Manor, Pleasantville. Resting at the Carnell Memorial Chapel, Freshwater Road. Funeral Mass on Saturday, May 5, 1990 at 10:30 a.m. from the Holy Rosary Parish, Portugal Cove. Cremation to follow.[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Francis Barron[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Parks Canada[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Cape Breton Highlands[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]National Park of Canada[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]37639 Cabot Trail[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Ingonish Beach, NS[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Canada B0C 1L0[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Telephone: (902) 285-2624 [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Geraldine Cashin?[/font]
[url="http://www.rootsweb.com/~nslsatb/torbay/memoriums/memorium001.htm"][font=Comic Sans MS]http://www.rootsweb.com/~nslsatb/torbay/memoriums/memorium001.htm[/font][/url]
Hi there,
Thank you for the attachment of Geraldine Cashin. Do you know her? Was her Maiden name "Hynes"? When was she born? I am trying to figure out if this is truely my biological mother. Would you be able to send an Orbituary? I have two kids, and I really would like to know my medical background. I would of course like to meet anyone that would be my family, but I don't want to cause any trouble. I have no idea what the reason was for being put up for adoption, and it is something that I would like to know. I have no ill feelings towards my biological mother for giving me up. I'm sure she had a good reason, and I was raised by a good family, which I love very much. I was also wondering who all the people are that you quoted in the very beginning of your message to me.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Sandra
[font=Comic Sans MS]Hi, sorry I have no other information and I do not know her or the family. I don't know what Geradline Cashin's maiden name was but Geraldine Barron's maiden name was Hynes.[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Geraldine Cashin's obituary is posted below the memorium notice. Perhaps you could contact her husband Stanley or one of her children?[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Sandra, I found a more detailed obituary for that Geraldine Cashin above[/font][font=Comic Sans MS] who passed away March 23, 2001 and there appears to be no connection to the Hynes' Family![/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]I'll look more into the Geraldine (Hynes) Barron.[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Any idea why your birth name was Cashin? Do you know if it was mom's married name or dad's name? Any other non-id info?
[url="http://www.rootsweb.com/%7Enslsatb/torbay/index.htm"][font=Comic Sans MS]http://www.rootsweb.com/%7Enslsatb/torbay/index.htm[/font][/url]
(The link didn't work so here's the detailed obit)
[font=Arial]CASHIN, Rita Geraldine - 71, Port Felix, Guysborough Co. It is with much sadness that we announce the passing of Geraldine on Friday, March 23, 2001, in the New Halifax Infirmary, QEII. After a four month illness, Geraldine passed away peacefully surrounded by her husband, Stanley and family. Born in Whitehead, Guysborough Co., May 1, 1929, she was a daughter of the late Howard and Gertrude (Bond) Casey. She was a very faithful member and supporter of the parish community of St. Joseph's, Port Felix. Some of her best times were spent travelling with her family and playing bingo with her friends. Surviving is her husband of 55 years, Stanley; daughters, Gertie (Gary Richard), Charlos Cove; Anne (Ronnie Levangie), Fall River; Pearl (George Neil), Lower Sackville; Joan (Timmy Tibbo) and Susan, both of Port Felix; sons, Cyril (Donna), Cole Harbour, Guysborough Co.; Val (Donna), Whitehead; Cecil (Darlene) and Philip (Marie), both of Port Felix; sisters, Pricilla, Elizabeth and special adopted sister, Joan DeBaie (Arnold), DeBaie's Cove; grandchildren, Chelsea Cashin, Ward, Steven and Neil Tibbo, Joshua Richard, Darryl Cashin (Stacey), Larry Rhynold (Glenda); great-grandchildren, Sean Cashin, Trey and Tanisha Rhynold; adopted grandchildren, Tawnya and Heather Zwicker; sister-in-law, Eileen Casey, Canso; aunts, Effie Spears, Whitehead and [/font][url="http://www.rootsweb.com/~nslsatb/torbay/obits/obit298.htm"][font=Arial]Annie DeRabbie[/font][/url][font=Arial], Hazel Hill; several nieces, nephews and cousins. She was predeceased by stepmother, Anne Bernadette Casey; infant son, Gabriel; brothers, Stephen and one in infancy; grandson, [/font][url="http://www.rootsweb.com/~nslsatb/torbay/obits/obit348.htm"][font=Arial]Brian Cashin[/font][/url][font=Arial]. Visitation will be 7-9 p.m. today and 2-4, 7-9 p.m. Sunday. Funeral service will be 11 a.m. Monday, both in St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church, Port Felix, Rev. Charles Donovan and Rev. Gerald David officiating. Burial will be in the parish cemetery. Memorial donations may be made to St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church, Port Felix. Funeral arrangements are entrusted to G.W. Giffin Funeral Home, Country Harbour.[/font]
[/font]
Advertisements
Hi there,
My birth mother signed the original birth certificate as Mrs Geraldine Cashin, so that meens that she was married, therefore she gave me her married name.
On a different note...I also heard from someone else who advised me not to post my birth mother's name on message boards etc. I am new at this site, and I was wondering if there is a way that I can edit my message? Would you know how to go about doing that (if it can be done)? I can't seem to figure it out. I woulod appreciate your help if you can.
thanks,
Sandra
Hi there,
My birth mother signed the original birth certificate as Mrs Geraldine Cashin, so that meens that she was married, therefore she gave me her married name.
On a different note...I also heard from someone else who advised me not to post my birth mother's name on message boards etc. I am new at this site, and I was wondering if there is a way that I can edit my message? Would you know how to go about doing that (if it can be done)? I can't seem to figure it out. I woulod appreciate your help if you can.
thanks,
Sandra
Hello
I am the daughter of Geraldine Cashin, She is not Geraldine Hynes, who married a Cashin. I think I can help you. If you would like to contact me at pearljwhitaker@gmail.com I'm pretty sure I know your history!
Pearl Whitaker