Advertisements
Advertisements
Does anyone know what the difference in the rates are? Is it significant? I am starting training soon to become a theraputic foster parent as per request of DCYF. Just wondering about the difference in the monthly stipend.
In IL traditional rate varies with age but is around 400-475 (less if younger more if older) This includes a clothing and personal allowance which also varies by age but is about 75 of the board payment.
Specialized payments vary with agency (some slightly less and reimburse mileage others pay a flat fee no mileage). Spec rates are 1250- 1400 per month. A huge difference. We only got it for two of the nine months we had a specialized child but it paid for the broken windows, the professional cleaning, the professional car cleaning, special paint, special therapy supplies and we had planned to hire a college student to help out with fd for a few hours a week.
Advertisements
In Texas it is:
$21.44 a day for basic ($643 a month)
$37.52 a day for moderate ($1125 a month)
$48.24 a day for specialized ($1447 a month)
$85.76 a day for intense ($2572 a month)
Concerned
We live in tennessee and are Theraputic Foster Parents.
We get $300.00 room and board and $300.00 service fee and $100.00 for ABC charts. So thats $700.00 per child per month.
We have a level 2 child which is $300.00 board, $600.00 service fee and $100.00 for doing the ABC charts.
Not sure how that compares to the rest of you.
Hope that helps.
This shows that different areas in the same state can be different. We too are therapeutic FPs, with an agency. Our kids were Level 1 ($20/day) and Level 2 ($25/day). No ABC charts. No stipend for clothes (1st time in care only, about $125 per child). We have to give $1 per day for allowance (or put in savings).
In my agency the 2nd level is around $14 a day higher than the lowest level, the 3rd level is $6 more than the 2nd level and the 4th level is $10 more than the 3rd(this level is pretty much used for kids who have felonies, from my understanding). So there is a $20 a day difference between the lowest and highest rate. According to one of the agencies brochures, anyways, assuming the brochure is up to date.
Advertisements
LLLmom
With my medically fragile son, I got an extra $20/day so it went from ~14/day to ~34/day
Is that something you receive until he's 18?
In AZ,
It's around $600/month for a regular foster kid. We have a "medically fragile" child at the moment and we get $1100/month for her. There are different levels: Regular, Special Needs 1, 2, and 3, and Medically Fragile. That is for what are called Family Foster Homes.
I know that the rates for AZ are available on the Dept of Economic Security site: [url]www.azdes.gov[/url]. Maybe for your state, if you look up foster care rates you can find a chart?
Good luck!
Advertisements
I don't know if this helps but this is CT's rate chart:
[URL="http://www.ct.gov/dcf/lib/dcf/foster_care/pdf/foster_care_rates.pdf"]http://www.ct.gov/dcf/lib/dcf/foster_care/pdf/foster_care_rates.pdf[/URL]
It says regular foster care is $25.73-$28.24, medically complex is $46.63, and regular therapeutic foster care is $91.07. That is all per day.
Here in NC the rates are pretty low.
$475 for children ages 0 - 5
Օ$581 for children ages 6 - 12
$634 for children ages 13 and over
I cannot find a link to Therapeutic....anyone happen to know the rates for NC? I know they are much higher for HIV exposed and HIV positive but I dont know the other "intensive care" rates. We do not plan to foster Therapeudic so I never asked, but you never know what your child may actually be!
I see flyers recruiting therapeutic foster care providers through a local private foster care agency. They reimburse more than twice what I get working as a foster parent through the Massachusetts DCF. Now I understand why many DCF foster parents jump ship to these agencies.
Therapeutic and/or specialized care is not something I can train or license for through DCF, although there is sometimes "extra money" for certain cases. I did respite for twins and got paid almost twice the normal rate. My current baby came to me with "feeding problems" and 7 doses of 4 medications each day, and there was "extra" money provided for the hours I spent each week dealing with these issues. I also did respite care for twins whose foster parents were getting "extra" money by virtue of them being twin infants, one of whom had significant medical needs.
Money is never a big deal to me, but I find it interesting that private agencies (paid by the state!) pay so much more. It seems like a very inefficient system.
I am trying to switch from DCYF to a therapeutic agency but it is child specific. One of my fs's needs more services and I need more training to help me deal with him. I am getting no help from the state so I asked for a transfer. I will find out this week if its approved. He is also a minority so he would qualify for an adoption subsidy after he's adopted, until he's 18. However I just read online that children though a private agency don't get subsidy's once they are adopted. Is this true?
Advertisements
some treatment or therapeutic agencies are one flat rate.
Let's say you get a sibling group of 3.
-jameron is 6 and is partially deaf , has leg braces and in various therapies multiple times a week.
-susie was born at 34 weeks, is 7 weeks now and is going through severe methadone withdrawl . no other issues.
-jo-jo is 9 , on-track and has no issues.
At some agencies, you'd get a flat rate of , say $38 per child, regardless of the age or "needs" (or lack thereof). For this sibling group, you'd simply get $114/day.
Some agencies add on a 1/4ly allowance above that, but might not pay for mileage, special school supplies, b-day presents, etc......nor would the agency do any transporting.
Wow AL really is behind!!
Basic rates for my age groups start at 0-2...$423 up to about $456 the older they get. Medically fragile/therapeutic rate is about $1080/mo.
There are no clothing allowances anymore unless they're in group home. State gives automatic childcare payment and we pay co-pay each week. Medicaid-No Fee healthcare. If we beg, they may pay registration for daycare and school.
I don't have any desire to do therapeutic or medically fragile.