Advertisements
Advertisements
How many of you who were adopted from Lake Bluff ever ask for Non-id information? I did 23 years ago and a lot of the information they sent me was very confusing. I heard that they have improved over the years. Is this true? Has anyone asked lately? I just did again and I sure hope I'm not disappointed like I was in the past.
Susan
Advertisements
I was also adopted through Lake Bluff. It might be that you were born at Cook County General Hospital in Chicago.
Lake Bluff became ChildServ. I don't have their number on hand, but you can find it on the internet
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I am back to work now and don't have as much time to search as I did in the summer time. I did finally find an address for Child Serv and I am now waiting for a non id. Sure is hard waiting though. It has been a while. Sure hope they didn't forget me or hope my paper work hasn't been replaced. I am at a stand still because I don't know what else to do. Tomorrow I will be sending out my medical exchange papers, so maybe something will come up with that. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Susan
Hi all. I just found this site.
I too am a Lake Bluff baby, adopted 8/60. My birth name was Watson. I've finally worked up the nerve to start looking for my birth parents. Any suggestions?
Julie
Advertisements
I received non-identifying information from Lake Bluff (Child Serv) a few years ago that wasn't really helpful, so I recently sent in the forms for that adoption registry thing. I was told that they match people up by names, so I'm wondering since I don't have a clue about any of my biological family's names, how they could match me up. Is there a way to somehow obtain these biological names? Thanks for your help in advance.
HELLO TO ALL YOU LAKE BLUFF CHILDRENS HOME PEOPLE. IWAS AT LAKE BLUFF CHILDRENS HOME AS WELL BETWEEN AUG 1964 THRU 1968-69 ? READING BACK POST'S IS LIKE OLD MEMORIES. I WAS ALSO ADOPTED IN 1954 HOWEVER WAS PLACED THERE AS I SAY IN 1964 DUE TO FAMILY ISSUES HOWEVER I AM NOW SEARCHING FOR MY BIOLOGICAL SISTER AND I JUST GOT INFO FROM A CLOSE FRIEND WHOM WORKS IN THE FIELD THAT FIRST, ANYONE WHOM IS ADOPTED ACTUALLY HAS (IN MY CASE AT LEAST) THE ORIG BIRTH CERT FROM HOSPITAL YOU WERE BORN AT THEN YOU HAVE THE ADOPTIVE CERT. SHE HAD ADVISED ME TO FIND OUT WHICH AGENCY I WAS PUT THROUGH. GOD LOVE MY ADOPTIVE MOTHER AT 91 NOW SHE JUST TOLD ME IT WAS CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES OUT OF IL. SO MY GUESS IS LAKE BLUFF WAS STRONGLY AFFILIATED WITH THEM. BUT BACK TO LAKE BLUFF IF YA WANNA CHAT ABOUT OLD TIMES GET AHOLD OF ME. THIS IS JUST TO WILD I AM SEEING PEOPLE WHO I MAY HAVE BEEN SO CLOSE TO YEARS AGO..................WOWWWWW:D
Add me to the list of Lake Bluff Kids!
I was born at West Suburban Hospital in Oak Park, IL on 11/5/64.
I received non-id info apx 15 years ago from Child Serv, and just received new non-id info from IARMIE a couple weeks ago, which gave me the hospital name.
I was under the impression that LBCH was the main agency that handled the adoptions.
I also have adopted brothers that came through LBCH, so I guess you could say our whole family started there!
Advertisements
Hi Susan,
Do you have any idea on how to get your records from Cook County Hospital? I have been trying for years and no one will get back to me from that hospital. I had a son there on March 25, 1969 and I think I may have found him, but still trying to prove it.
Anything you can tell me would be helpful.
Thanks!
Sue
Ps.
Please remember that comments about agencies or other fee based services MUST be made via Private Message.
Since it's been awhile since I wrote to LBCH/CS, does anyone have a cuttent address/link to them?
I'm curious to see if they would send the same information now that I received additional information from IARMIE.
Thanks!
Josephine Blackbird is searching for her baby Mary Jo Black Bird nee Baby Black Bird. Father was Tom Caprietta from Binghamton New York, Mother lives in Chicago. Baby born, January 2,1950 at Grant Hospital, Chicago.
Possibly adopted from Lake Bluff Children's Home, Lake Bluff Illinois.
Please respond to ALittleHawk@Aol.com
Advertisements
I was also adopted through Lake Bluff. It's now called ChildServ.
Here is their website
[url]http://www.childserv.org/[/url]
And the information for their administrative offices, which is who I assume you're supposed to contact for non-id info.
Administrative Office
8765 W. Higgins Road
Suite 450
Chicago, IL 60631
Phone: (773) 693-0300
Fax: (773) 693-0322
I received my non-id about 15 years ago, then lost it in during a move. I'm going to be calling them this morning to ask for the information again. Will update this post with additional information/instructions once I speak with them.
I have a sneaking feeling that Lake Bluff aka ChildServ intends to give me the run around this time. When I called yesterday, the receptionist transferred me to the voice mail for Human Resources. Today, I was transferred to someone else's voice mail. In neither instance did I get a call back.
Fortunately, Illinois law is on my side in this instance. I will keep hounding them daily until I have my non-id in hand once again.