Advertisements
Advertisements
I noticed this thread is several years old, but here goes anyhow.
I was adopted through LBCH in 1958, I only found out about this in 2007. A google of LBCH produced a website for the White Oak Foundation. [url=http://www.whiteoakfoundation.org]White Oak Foundation[/url]
I was born at Evanston Hospital, which is in Cook County.
I can be reached at fac58magnum@att.net if need be.
Advertisements
Hi all. New account because I couldn't get my old one to work. I was SusanD60. I gave up searching for a while cause I was getting so depressed from hitting so many brick walls. Decided I will try again.
Any more Lake Bluff babies?? I was born in 1957.
Advertisements
Hello. Trying to find out any information one might know about Shirley Jean Whitfield, called "Jean" while living at the Lake Bluff Children's Home from 1938-1942. We are told she was born on April 23, 1938 and brought to the orphanage around 18-months of age..... She was adopted around 1942 by Paul and Doris Carlson. Might anyone know any stories or where to find records for Shirley "Jean" Whitfield---
Her daughter, Jennifer
jen_maher@hotmail.com
I was also a commodity at Lake Bluff Children's Home. My birth mother had me at Edgewater Hospital in Chicago, Illinois in Spring of 1962. Lake Bluff and subsequently Childserv did NOTHING for either of us to locate one another. Both my birth mother and I wrote to them pleading for information and the Childserv folks simply shined us on. Fortunately, both my birth mother and I persisted in our searches and, through the kind and compassionate people at the International Soundex Reunion Registry in Carson City, Nevada, we found each other 30 years after my birth at Lake Bluff with zero thanks to anybody at Childserv.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!!!
With love to all my bastard brothers and sisters. I send you light and legitimacy!
Last update on October 17, 10:46 am by megera39.
Hello. I am new here. I was adopted from Lake Bluff Childrens Home in 1969. I have just now decided to begin searching for information on my birth mother, but I'm not sure where to start. My parents( adopted) have both passed but they had very little information either, other than Lake Bluff. I am sending in a request for my original birth certificate from the state of Illinois.
Feel free to message me here or reply with any suggestions.
Sally
Originally Posted By Corrinne K. Brenner
I am looking for anyone that was adopted through Lake Bluff Children's Home in Chicago, Illinois. I'm wondering if the home worked closely with a particular maternity home or hospital. I am having a hard time learning which hospital I was born in. Birth cert. just says Cook County, no hospital listed. Any advise would be appreciated.
[/quote]
Advertisements
Hello,
My mother was adopted from Lake Bluff Children's Home in 1960. I have been fairly successful in obtaining her original birth certificate and getting a few other pieces of information. Let me know if anyone wants to connect.
Thanks,
Amber