Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
For adoption related information and records contact the agency that facilitated the adoption or the office below:
Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services
PO Box 149030, E-557
Austin, TX 78717-9030
(512) 438-3412, (512) 438-4986, (512) 438-4516, Fax: (512) 438-3782
Obtaining Non-Identifying Information: Adoptive parents, legal guardians of adopted adult, and adopted adults may obtain non-identifying information.
Obtaining Identifying Information: Identifying information is provided through a registry.
Using the Adoption Registry: The following persons may use the registry: adopted adults age 18 or older, birth parents, and birth siblings age 21 or older. The registry is provided through either the agency or the Texas Department of Health-Bureau of Vital Statistics.
Central Adoption Registry
Bureau of Vital Statistics
TX Department of Health
PO Box 140123
Austin, TX 78714-0123
(512) 458-7388
Obtaining an Original Birth Certificate: An adoptee must petition the court in which the adoption was finalized
Pretty sure i am listed under my adopted name (i dont think i was given a name at birth) I am waiting for non id in the mail.
im not sure if tx is a state that lists one or the other or both......do you have any other info to go on without non id?
Hi Carolyn,
This site also has some info that might help - it is a voluntary (mutual-consent) registry. Was not sure if you registered or were able to.
[url]http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Adoption_and_Foster_Care/Adoption_Registry/default.asp#about[/url]
This site is supposedly current up to today, 03/01/2006.
Hi again Miss "Looking4Fm" Keep up the good work.
Blessings, Tina
Advertisements
well, i once had non id paperwork about 18 yrs ago, but got frustrated and gave up search. (someone claimed to be my B/F but could never be proven, very fishy, long story) But i seem to remember that my mother was catholic and came from a large family. And she had dark hair...thats about it. Ive sent off for another non id letter and should be getting it shortly. Thanks so much for all the help!!
also, born in Seton, (Seaton?) hospital.
Marywood adoption agencey (known at the time as Home of the Holy Infancy)
Hi, Carolyn I was a birthmother that stayed at the home of the holy infancy back in 1971. I just wanted to let you know that back then they would change your name. when I found my birthdaughter she posted that she was looking for birthmother and used the name that was given to me then. I knew that they changed my last name but did not know they had also changed first name. I was told that the last name would change and that when it changed they would use the first letter of my last name. If you find out the real name of your birthmother then maybe you could obtain your original birth certificate under House Bill 240 here in Texas. An adoptee who knows the name of either birth parent can obtain their original birth certificate. As to HB240 you can learn more about it by going to TXCare.org. Good luck on your search and I hope this information will be helpful to you. I was told by the home that on Birth Certificates they do not put any information on the birth fathers only birth mothers. Austin is in Travis County and yes Seton Hospital is the hospital that Home uses as it is right across the street from the Home.
Lillian
They can take the Child from the Mother, but not the Mother from the Child.
By change of name do you mean the pregnant mothers used ficticious names amongst themselves at the home? I was born May, 1964. My birthmother was at Marywood.
In 1964, they were listed under both names in the book. But, in 1973, they switched to just adoptive names. Unfortunately, the online versions, like on ancestry.com for all years only have the adoptive names. The books are in Austin at the archives library across the street from the capitol. They are listed alphabetically for each year, so without knowing a last name, it would take forever.
Advertisements
In 1964, they were listed under both names in the book. But, in 1973, they switched to just adoptive names. Unfortunately, the online versions, like on ancestry.com for all years only have the adoptive names. The books are in Austin at the archives library across the street from the capitol. They are listed alphabetically for each year, so without knowing a last name, it would take forever.
Hi Beth, went to the archives library Friday, wasn’t able to do much because they are still operating under COVID protocols. Do you know if this book is still available there? Do you have the name of the book? I am looking for a female born in December of 1968 to my mother at this orphanage. This person would be my half-sister. Thanks !