Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
We accepted the referral as an infant and weren't finished with the process until she was almost 1. I think that in any adoption, you need to be prepared to bring home a child older than you dream to. It is great that you are considering attachment/bonding issues. Our daughter had 1 foster mom and was clearly very attached to her. When she was brought to us, she was very happy and at ease. It wasn't until she woke up, whether from her naps or in the morning, that she was upset. It took about 5 days before she was ever very happy to see us. Since that time, the attachment/bonding has been wonderful. She seems very happy now and is very affectionate. I am forever grateful for the stability that she had early on in her life and think that made a huge difference in her transition. She is at a wonderful age and is full of personality. Although I didn't plan to bring home an almost toddler, it has been wonderful. I would definitely encourage you to read up on bonding/attachment and to prepare for the worst. That is how I was and have been amazingly surprised!! Blessings, Ali