Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
We adopted two children at one time, also first time parents. Our children were 4 months and 18 months old when they came home.
For what it is worth, our toddler has bonded well and her language skills are amazing. Now at 3yo, we have been told she is near 1st grade level, beginning to write as well as a very strong vocabulary. In the beginning, she was very close to me (Mom) and would go to no one else. However, she comes more out of her shell everyday... very lovable, very outgoing, very theatrical.
Our baby is almost 2. She is active, curious and adventurous but less personally social. She does not like to hug on strangers and barely hugs in the family. Mommy gets a hug and kiss once a day, but she sets her limits and does everything in her time.
The point is that we would have guessed our children's personalities to be opposite of what they are based on the respective ages of when they came home. Every child is different and we have enjoyed their differences and had no trouble bonding, learning or nurturing with either of them. Just my experience... I'm sure you will receive many replies.