Advertisements
Advertisements
We have a cool mist humidifier in Meeah's room just for the purpose of the noise. It doesn't actually mist though, like you don't see it. Does anyone what would happen if we ran it without water???
TIA!
Advertisements
It may depend on the brand and model. I always run our humidifier until it is bone dry to keep down the yuck factor. The way this one operates it doesn't hurt it a bit to run without water.
If its just the noise you want - you can buy a "white noise machine" at Walmart or the like for under 15$ and you wont have to worry about the fire hazard of running a machine for a purpose its not made.
We used them ALL the time with our kids :) and they are wonderful!
Advertisements
Most cool mist humidifiers are nothing more than a fan over a bowl of water. If this is the case for yours, it should be no problem without water.
A warm mist humidifier would be a different story...
Are you doing this for the calming noise factor? For Emma I have found that one of those cheap little fans works wonders. I know hope that it can drown out her baby sister when she arrives home.
Ami
I'd be cautious. Even the cool mist ones have a heat coil (or something similar) in them. It could be a fire hazard.
We run ours dry, but it's only out of water for a short time. And be sure to clean these things 'cause YUCK! :)
I'd try the white noise machine. We even travel with ours. :D:D It is our lifesaver!
Kelley
Advertisements
We have been running our cool mist humidifier dry for well over a year for white noise in DD's room. When we need to we clean it and put water in it when she is congested.. We have had no problems at all. It just runs like a fan without making the room cold.
Does anyone that is running it dry have a ReliON? I got mine for like $20 at Walmart...
Would I still keep the filter in it???
I called and the guy at the place said it wouldn't be a fire hazard, just probebly wouldn't last as long...
With that said, Meeah IS sleeping right now with a noise machine. We put it right on top of the humidier to make it look like it was still it, but she's not dumb ;)
Nonetheless, she is sleeping... But I don't like the white noise or the spring rain or the thunderstorm or whatever they all are, I still think the humidifier is more effecitve..
On the off chance that you are utilizing a humidifier to help enhance irritating hypersensitivity side effects caused by dry air, for example, scratchy nasal sections or throat or dry, tight skin or dermatitis, look out for slip-ups you may make in the consideration and utilization of your unit. You ought to adhere to every producer's directions for utilizing and keeping up your humidifier; generally, the group can fuel or cause new side effects for hypersensitivity sufferers.
Last update on November 12, 2:41 pm by megera39.