Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi all,
When you get the chance, check out this thread Brandy started on the Guatemala forum about a person posing as an adoptive parent, a potential adoptive parent, a representative of adoption charity/foundations, etc. Apparently she is unstable.
[url]http://forums.adoption.com/showthread.php?t=238984&page=1&pp=15[/url]
While she seems to focus on Guatemalan adoptions, some of her posts refer to the 2 SN children from China she is trying to adopt. I know many of you belong to forums outside of this one, so do take care. Kelleymac has had some awful experience with her (see above thread).
We have some very kind-hearted people in our program, and I'd hate to see anyone become unintentionally involved with this person.
Thanks for reading,
Christina
Mindy82
Is there not a way to ban her?
I can't speak for this website but many internet users are fairly savy and use different computers to register to sites, different screen names and ID information and if they're banned under one name come back with something else....
Joanne
Advertisements
Thanks for letting us know about this!
I think I may have seen a post or 2 from her before...
Strange, strange, sad person.
It's been 3 years since your warning of this person. Well, they are still trolling the newsgroups, causing problems, messing with people, etc. It's hard to figure out why someone does this. I'll dig thru the DSM, but my guess is the person is narassistic and neurotic.
I ran across her on A_O_K@yahoogroups.com, she had already caused issues with another member there. When she found out my wife and I do child advocacy work, she started to offer us "$500K to start, a million later". Lol!
Anyway, just warning folks-- it's 2009 and she's still around. Give her NO IDENTIFYING INFORMATION.
Thanks,
Onedad
Member since 2004
I run a non-profit and have received numerous "job applciations" from this person in the last couple weeks. I also received a phone call promising a $2000 grant for our organization if we applied. Please don't be sucked in by this person. She is truly a troll and often goes by the name Juliana Wiseman. The email address she used for submitting her bogus applications was socialmom@hotmail.com.
Advertisements
I just received an email that she has contacted the special needs hogar we are working with promising to Fedex a cashier's check for a million dollars (among other bogus promises and information). She even wrote that she heard of the hogar through Global Orphan Team.
Seriously, woman.
Two years, Frantastic, but I still get pinged when someone wrote on the blog! lol! Luckily, I still remember my password :-)
I see your steps in the adoption "journey" (nitemare is more like it) has had a lot of hiccups. Just hang in there... The system is designed like this: If you are STRONG, you'll hang in there until "it" happens. In that case, you'll be "strong" enough to take care of the kid. If you are weak, you'll bail early and in which case all is good because you weren't fit anyway.
THAT is how the system is designed. It took me nearly 15 years to figure that out... but make no mistake, it is not a design "flaw", it is actually apart of the "test" you are given. Needless to say, it runs a LOT of people off.. but the "system" considers those people less desirable anyway. Are they? I don't think so, I know families run off by the system that went on to adopt from over seas and were very happy.
Onedad
(now 1 dad + 1 mom + 4 adopted kids + 1 cat + 1 dog + 1 pet lizard +... well, you get the picture :-)
FranTastic
OK, I know this post is 2 years old but I wanted to let you know I have recieved harassing e-mails from Juliana Wiseman. She actually contacted People's Court and Judge Mathis with this e-mail:
[FONT="Century Gothic"]I have a Defendant name is Shonda Decker-Kroll.
I have never made any type of contact with Mrs. Decker- Kroll.
Mrs. Decker-Kroll is choosing to Slander and Defame my Professional Character Online or Via the Internet.
Without Any justifiable reason or cause?
I am Requesting the amount of $5,000 please?
Julianna Wiseman
[/FONT]
If it were not so sad and strange, it would be funny. I mean seriously, People's Court!
Just beware, I have a feeling that she is sending these e-mail's out to anyone who has mentioned her name online.
She used this e-mail address internationmom@hotmail.com
Advertisements
She also posts on animal forums requesting puppies from pounds and not picking them up! :arrow:
[url=http://www.pitbullsaloon.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7225]JULIANA WISEMAN A.K.A YULIANA - IS AT IT AGAIN - R - Bikers Against Animal Cruelty Forum[/url]
I love this forum and have been a member for a couple of years! I have not had any contac with this member (Thank God)! Bump this for others to read!
There was a "Juli T" on a Honduras Yahoo board, but she got removed from the group after a few days.
Advertisements
Here is an interesting thread about Ms. Wiseman who was mentioned in an earlier thread today.
The earlier thread today about Ms. Wiseman is in the foster adoption forum because she has started posting again.