Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I was in Hillcrest several times in my young life from 1962 through 1974, so were my 5 siblings. I remember being placed in a crib the first time and briefer memories other times, what I remember most was that first bath they give you,and the really good food, I could not believe how it tasted so good and warm and I got to eat till I was full, It was oatmeal with real milk and toast with butter and jelly and OJ. I felt like I was in heaven, my clothes they supplied me after my bath fit and smelled so good, I loved the tennis shoes and the tee-shirts. I loved helping to feed the babies and bathe the toddlers I earned enough points to buy myself a baby doll. I remember the closet in the big room with the pool table that only big kids could use. The closet full of toys candy and hair ties we could buy with points, I never could figure out how I earned all my points! I remember the TV room with all the chairs and constantly hearing "NO PC" no physical contact not with each other or the workers, what kids need most gentle safe touch was never allowed. I remember the school and how no one made us go and the yard overlooking the freeway and CMH, The big kids used to tell the little kids that when you grow up that is where the kids will end up, that was scarey and I dreaded it for years, The last time I was there I was 13, always being sent back home each time the abuse and neglect was worse than before, some foster parents were nice but I never felt a part of the family, some homes were down riight cruel but I survived. My final childhood destiantion was Boys and Girls aid in El Cajon and I have been searching for my friends from there for decades to no avail, if you are one of them please contact me,I left there at 17 almost 18 and have had quite a journey through life fostering and adopting once I got over my abandonment. My goal was to love my children so they could feel love and not go through thier whole life without it. i believe I have suceeded as my kids have gentle tender love in thier souls, I get told more than once a day by my kids that they love me and I return the words and feelings back to them. Everything happens for a reason and mine was to love and be loved eventually.:clap: