Advertisements
Advertisements
I was taken by the state along with my two younger brothers, Patrick and Michael. We lived near cottonwood in AZ. I was told my bio mothers name was Cecilia Machado. No idea about my father. Please help.
I assume you were born in Arizona. It is a closed records state but there are some options.
As you were adopted from Fostercare there may be files you can access through them.
Aside from that, the state offers the following.
Non-identifying information. Sometimes it is valuable, other times not so much but is usually free and worth doing.
They also have a mutual consent registry which I suggest you sign up for in case your sibs are looking for you. I doubt there would be any fees for that.
There is also a confidential intermediary process which means you hire someone allowed by the state to look at your sealed files, search for, request permission from to tell you/connect you to who you are searching for. Whether they offer that to search for your siblings I don't know. There will be a cost - I'm guessing anywhere between $300- $600.
This link may help you get both what is available through foster care and the adoption non-id. They would also be able to tell you re the confidential intermediary. Seeing as you know your mothers name you might get more info.
[url]https://extranet.azdes.gov/dcyfpolicy/Content/05_Child_Permanency/Adoption/sharing_information.htm[/url]
Kind regards,
Dickons
Advertisements