Advertisements
Advertisements
We still have not met the 15 year old we have been matched with, I'll call him 'B', but have been slowly learning more about him. It seems that being in a large classroom is overwhelming for him, and adds to his anxiety/PTSD.
Does anyone have any experience obtaining a waiver to do virtual high school in Texas? I already home school my youngest w/health issues, so it wouldn't be new to me, and I stay at home. I plan on speaking to his therapist & hopefully take him as an ally, but wasn't sure if there was additional information that could be beneficial.
Irish02
We still have not met the 15 year old we have been matched with, I'll call him 'B', but have been slowly learning more about him. It seems that being in a large classroom is overwhelming for him, and adds to his anxiety/PTSD.
Does anyone have any experience obtaining a waiver to do virtual high school in Texas? I already home school my youngest w/health issues, so it wouldn't be new to me, and I stay at home. I plan on speaking to his therapist & hopefully take him as an ally, but wasn't sure if there was additional information that could be beneficial.
I do not have experience, but I know it is possible. We have friends who were matched with a 15-year-old with quite a few issues, and they were allowed to homeschool him right away. I know she talked with them about it right away and often.
Advertisements
Hi
I know you posted a long back but I felt like sharing my experience. I have a daughter with health issues. She did well in elementary but had a hard time to transition to middle school. I though homeschooling would be the best option. Best decision ever.
We got her into an online school. She gets very excited being able to submit her assignments online and is quickly picking up how to use the online platform. Pretty flexible and I must say their willingness to accommodate my daughter's health issues has been a great help. The best part for us is seeing her happy to learn again which is precious. Don't just listen to me. Talk to them you'll know
Last update on August 5, 8:31 am by Linda Fernandez.
1 Liked
 likes this.