Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
We are starting the disruption process now. We adopted our son from Russia. He's 8. He's only been here for 4 1/2 months now. I know this is a short time so please don't bash me as I am writing this with tears and great sorrow. We were prepared for issues. I read tons of books on attachment and talked to other adoptive parents, but I can't go on like this. He has severe behavioral issues that are not getting better. We've been seeing an attachment therapist. He is so defiant and hits and bites me. He's mean to my husband and I. We also have a bio daughter who is 8. This has really been hard on her. He hits her and screams at her. She has changed so much, she's seems so sad. She stays in her room most of the time. I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel so guilty all the time. I don't love him, actually I get anxiety when he comes near me. My husband is barely ever home anymore because he can't deal with it. I just think he would do better in a family with no other children or a family where he will be the youngest and a family that is strong enough to parent him, because I'm not and its not fair to him. Thanks for listening