Advertisements
Advertisements
Try not to think about court, caseworkers, visitations, etc. Just ignore reality for a while and enjoy your baby!
Advertisements
Baby Boy got FOUR shots today at the pediatrician. It was SO awful. He got two in each leg. I had to close my eyes because I couldn't stand to watch. He was SO upset although I tried to explain to him that he really did not want to get polio and have to be in an Iron Lung. He was cranky and fussy the rest of the day and wouldn't really let me put him down. Now he is sleeping. Thank God. I really needed to take a bathroom break:)
We tried out daycare this week. THAT was hard as well. Does every mom who uses daycare look at the workers with a little bit of suspicion, like, "Um, do they REALLY know what they are doing?" Or was that just me. I wanted him to get used to daycare so when I start teaching again in September, he won't be freaked out.
Court hearing is still upcoming so I don't know for sure how long Baby Boy will be with me. But I am trying to treasure every moment. Deep Zen breaths.
Baby Boy is in his crib so I have approximately 1.8 minutes to check e-mail. Okay, I love being a foster mommy but am still really tired a lot. He is sleeping better but not all through the night. I find that I am completely craving donuts and chocolate ice cream. I mean, I actually find myself thinking about donuts. Is this from stress? I need to be watching my sugar, but all I can think about are donuts and ice cream! That is not all I eat but YUM when I do. Anyone else go through this? It's like pregnancy cravings, but foster mommy cravings. Hee.
Advertisements
Okay. I polished off a quart of butter pecan ice cream this weekend. My normally placid little 11 month old was verrrrrrrrry cranky from a stomach bug and fever. And yes, I am still tired. I was told that once he was able to get around by himself and be more independent things would get easier . . .wrong!!! Yes, he likes to play by himself, but prefers the infinitely more fascinating world of electrical outlets, any possible furniture that he could tip easily over on to himself, open garbage cans, toilets etc. than his own toys. Not to mention that I have to constantly come up with new ideas to trick him into trying new foods, yet he'll gladly introduce any old thing he finds on the floor into his mouth for a taste testing.:eek:
Anyway, gotta go pick up the little angel from day care now; hmmm . . . chocolate chip mint tonight?:flower:
Mary
Keep ALL conversations to Baby and bio family. sorry but I had to chuckle: end of time, Declaration of Independence, prayer in school and the dollar bill. I'm at work trying not to laugh!! But I'm sending you cyber hugs!!
I did NOT eat a donut today. I thought about it but did NOT eat a donut. Even though we were in the supermarket and there was a Dunkin' Donuts right there!!!!! Now I am thinking of a chocolate kreme donut.........
No. I ate a peach instead. I actually got a semi-decent amount of sleep last night. I really do think there must be a link between being really really tired and craving sugar. Cortisol or something, right?
The Little Dude is still with me. He just turned 9 months old. His favorite toy is a plastic spatula. And the electrical cords, except that I won't LET him chew the electrical cords, so they are his favorite fantasy toy.
MUUUUUUCCCCHHHHH drama from the parents. Too much to describe here. But I am hanging in. Permanency hearing should be sometime in May. I am hoping/expecting/hoping the case plan to be changed from reunification to adoption with me. Keep your fingers crossed.
Darth Vader here is me, as I slash through silly DYFS red tape and rules with my light saber.:darth:
Advertisements
Continued blessings for you and baby..
Read back on this thread. Since the summer, I have had an infant placement (straight from the hospital) - I can now say that I, unequivocally, prefer toddlers!
Just re-read this. Wanted to remember what it was like when I first got my little guy, right from the hospital. I am so glad I posted in this thread because I DON'T REMEMBER most of this. Sheesh those first few weeks with a baby/new placement are exhausting, aren't they:)
But Baby Boy is now 4 1/2 and is playing on my iPad as I type this. So our story has a happy ending. Well, unless he downloads some $100 game on my iPad!!:dance:
Congratulations!!! I can feel your excitement just by reading your post! Our FD started sleeping through the night at about 3 months, then she started waking up hungry in the middle of the night again so she started cereal a couple weeks ago and began sleeping thru the night again.
Thrilled for you! We want to keep our baby girl, too...we prayed for a little baby girl to adopt. She's been with us basically her whole life and there's only been one supervised visit w/ bio mom back in March. The compliancy hearing is set for June 19th. So we can understand your feelings about wanting to keep Baby Boy.
We'll be praying all works out in your favor! Sooo happy for you!
Advertisements
RR,
Your experience is so great........I am so glad for you.....you should copy all of the posts here,and save them.
It is so good to hear about the positive side and to see how your situation has worked out over the last few years.
tess113
Thank you. I DO need to print out these entries,
My son just turned six. He is happy, energetic and healthy.
The main challenge has been his ADHD. It is kicking my butt! Trying to find the rights meds and ways to deal with his behavior is tricky. Sometimes I do find myself silently cursing his birth parents for passingon this crap genetically. (I know it's uncharitable, but I'm human.)
One thing for which I am grateful is that I pushed for and got the monthly adoption subsidy. My son is Caucasian and wasn't born drug addicted or anything so he was considered "healthy." But I had to deal with sleep apnea, ear tube surgery, tomsillectomy and now the counseling and doctor's involved with ADHD. SO glad I have that monthly stipend to help.
Just learned that his birth parents had another baby. Since they did an Identified Surrender to me and are older (and hopefully wiser), there should be no problem with this child. Still, I worry. I look at all the crap that went on with my son and his birth parents that first year and I worry for is new baby. The two of them still have their issues and screwed up families. Also it saddens me that he will grow up without her.
But I tried being in touch with the birth parents and it did NOT work. So he will have to wait till he is older. All I can do is mentally wish them well and pray for their new baby.
Overal, yes, my story is a happy one. It sure had its problems and still does but I have a wacky little son to keep me company every day:)