Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Okay, Baby Boy and I had our first official visit from the social worker who is supposed to be MY worker. (I have only talked to Baby Boy's new worker on the phone exactly one time. Sigh. Doesn't return calls).
Anyway, this woman is in my county and has supposedly been assigned to me since December. She is a long-time DYFS worker, hates change is has been fairly useless. But now that I have a child, she says she has to come over once a month.
So she comes over and we chat and I am really, really tired but trying to look alert. She mentioned that she was on a fast for her church and I asked her some questions about it. Well THAT was a mistake. She was off and running. She told me all about her church, and how she is now as a new church and the prophets who spoke to her at a Bible store and how Hurricane Katrina was caused because New Orleans was sinful and how we are in the end days and the wrath of God is coming.
Okayyyyyy.
I was so tired that I kind of sat there. I mean, let's be serious - I played along a bit because I wanted her to think I am a nice Christian woman (which I am). But I didn't want her PREACHING to me and shoving her self-righteous evangelical point of view down my throat. When she started talking about the Declaration of Independence, prayer in school and the words on the dollar bill - I though I would lose my mind.
So. What do I do? Do I see if she does it again and THEN complain? Do I make a fuss now and ask for a new worker? Do I laugh it off?
She is entitled to her opinion but WHAT do her beliefs have to do with Baby Boy and what lies ahead for him???