Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Okay, I spent last night freaking out about the 45-day court hearing for Baby Boy, which is next week. Grandma still wants him and was at the CPRB thing. I didn't realize it at the time. That was probably best.
So, what can I expect at court? I told the case worker I want to speak to the judge (I understand foster parents are guaranteed this under federal law, right?) How does it work? I think I go in first and then after that they start the hearing. What should I say? How should I act?
I was just really stressing about losing him to grandma although I can't get a clear idea from the CW how likely that is.
My own mom is coming back up again to stay with me. Thank God. She will be my support if Baby Boy leaves. I also think I need a little space to disconnect from him because we are so completely bonded because he is so little. I am still not getting a lot of sleep and he is glued to me pretty much all the time so the thought of not having my little buddy around is freaking me out. Then he screams in my ear and I snap out of it, but you know what I mean.
Also, I wonder if the NJ state shutdown could affect the court hearing. Aiiiee. Any advice for me for court?