Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Congratulations on your new addition. Just remember .... anything can happen at any time. Was he placed with you as foster or fost/adopt? That can make a difference in the world of things.
Yes, he will sleep through the night, but not for several more months. I am assuming that he is only a few weeks old. Am I right? If that is the case, then you can probably look forward to another 3 to 3 1/2 months of sleep deprivation. Most of mine were sleeping through the night (11pm-6am) by about 4-5 months of age. And that was by sheer luck! Other foster children have had me totally sleep deprived and not even remembering my own name.
Keep your courage up, and get sleep when you can. And hey, you don't need a man around .... us women can do it! I do have a husband in the picture but sometimes I wish that he would just go away and let me handle things! LOL
And yes, when it rains it pours .... that always seems to happen. Especially this past week. DYFS has been quite busy. I just had to turn away the placement of siblings (2) earlier this week because we are in the process of moving and there was no way I could bring them into this chaotic mess. That broke my heart!
Remember one thing ... when your little guy sleeps, you sleep! No housework, no laundry, no nothing. Just sleep. That is the best advice that I can offer to you!
Good luck, and keep us posted on the upcoming court date.